check out my monster pp......i mean pc.

that's right. i just got her booted. thought it would take longer.

antec p180 (4 120mm fans) plain jane... i like em that way
fx-60 x2 @2.6gz which i hear is equivalent to x2 4Gz P4s (liquid cooling)
ATI x1900xtx
asus A8n sli deluxe (that's right SLI)
2G ddr ram
150G raptor
used my old audigy2 zs/speakers from my old rig...5.1 good enough for me
used my old lan 10/100 lan card
used my old monitor

anyway everything just plugged right in
hit the switch...goddamn it works! didn't expect that really. thought there would be a week or so of sorting out.

installed and dloaded some drivers and updates and stuff.

im dloading farcry patches right now, while installing farcry.
wanna see what i've been missing

probably try out HL2 again.

maybe take a look at fear

ought to hold me for a year...see how the new intel chip/vista/64/crossfire shakes out. this will become a work/dev rig next year.

my old rig was dirty inside. dirtier than i thought.

yeah i don't want to PISS people off. but for once in a guy's life. having the diggity dogshow should happen in your arena. i know what a waste of money it is. but, if only one stupid time, i want the 'it'. you know? and this isn't even the 'it'. i decided i would do this again depending. my old rig was just tooooo loong in the tootths.

yeah but the funny part is im rich biatch! 6 months (after realizing i wasn't performing well at home) of dealing with a p4 1.4 overcame the years long waiting. im parsimoneous, but why die like that when you don't HAVE to? in a year i can do this (and more) again if i want. and i've decided it's worth it.

and beside i have no problem with being stupid. i've already learned that getting my graduate degree (on full scholarship + stipend BTW)

woot. you can't ruin me you xtian fuckheads!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you using your old lan card? The A8N has two built in, and they are 100/1000...

What kind of liquid cooling do you have? Why did you get the A8N, and not the A8R32? Im a bit confused by your choices.

well i had not better knowledge of reliable mboards at the time

the 10/100 is my connections don't work, so i made 'it' work. otherwise i wouldn't be posting. in ideas?

i just thrugh im mu old card, it works.

Did you install the NV chipset drivers? They have the drivers for one of the lan's in them. Also, you are not using the NV hardware firewall, if you have a PCI lan card.

thanks for the tip! i got them to work. (i just tried them once, didn't connect, and figured i didn't know they weren't for that or something...not really a hardware expert)

BTW. i have 2 of those ports on my mboard. can i link my old rig into this one? anc access the hardrive (at least) from here? i was hoping

now i have another PCI slot! which is good cause my only one left (for ppu eventually) is in a real tight space on account of the routing of the PSU wires which i may have to remdy later (20/20 hindsight)

anyway, i wanted to fire it up, i wanted scotch, and to let everyone know last night! i've installed some games (really have alot of work left to get this rig up to snuff environmentwise)

so far:

overall the perf is astounding! (i'm used to having to play stealth, avoid crowds, firefights)
in farcry, i don't notice too much additional beauty, but NO stutter! everthing maxed

i've installed HL2 (updated, patched)
lost coast
boiling point (dl'ing patches now...why im posting)
vice city (old fave)

when i get around to playing them, i'll let you know about diffs from old rig. run some benchmarks..(i have alot to do!)

oh BTW my case temp stays a comfy 17C! (4 120mm, liquid cpu), but i haven't heavy loaded it much (a little farcry)

Cartoon Corpse said:
thanks for the tip! i got them to work. (i just tried them once, didn't connect, and figured i didn't know they weren't for that or something...not really a hardware expert)

BTW. i have 2 of those ports on my mboard. can i link my old rig into this one? anc access the hardrive (at least) from here? i was hoping

now i have another PCI slot! which is good cause my only one left (for ppu eventually) is in a real tight space on account of the routing of the PSU wires which i may have to remdy later (20/20 hindsight)

anyway, i wanted to fire it up, i wanted scotch, and to let everyone know last night! i've installed some games (really have alot of work left to get this rig up to snuff environmentwise)

so far:

overall the perf is astounding! (i'm used to having to play stealth, avoid crowds, firefights)
in farcry, i don't notice too much additional beauty, but NO stutter! everthing maxed

i've installed HL2 (updated, patched)
lost coast
boiling point (dl'ing patches now...why im posting)
vice city (old fave)

when i get around to playing them, i'll let you know about diffs from old rig. run some benchmarks..(i have alot to do!)

oh BTW my case temp stays a comfy 17C! (4 120mm, liquid cpu), but i haven't heavy loaded it much (a little farcry)
Run prime95 on one core and run a game on another ;)

Cartoon Corpse said:
asus A8n sli deluxe (that's right SLI)
used my old lan 10/100 lan card
Congrats on the new rig, sounds like it's the cream of the crop!
Im a bit confused as to why you need your old lan card with TWO gigabit lan cards on that mobo...

Cartoon Corpse said:
that's right. i just got her booted. thought it would take longer.

used my old audigy2 zs/speakers from my old rig...5.1 good enough for me

5.1 good enough?!?!?!?? :oops: :D
(just teasing)

Nice system over there..

I would take some $$$ though from that FX60 (I have a 4400+ from August to 2.8Ghz) and throw it to a nice monitor. Well , I don't know yours but I assume since you say "kept my old monitor" it would have been a good alternative.. :smile:

But you say you have $$$ so... :LOL:

okay....price? not going there. im not a great shopper, but i am a tightwad, i don't want to feel bad, at this point over some bucks.

i'll try the benchmark that was suggested.

i did do the HL2 lost coast benchmark...scored an avg FPS or 81.92. everything maxed to the infinite!

i have to say THAT game is wow in comparison to the old rig.

HL2 looks alot better, Boiling Point is butter as well (plus all the extra detail).

the biggest thingy so far, NO MORE forced stealth...which is like new games!

it's worth it as long as you've decided not to reproduce i think.

Nice, congrats. I've got similar to that, tho not quite so grand. Same mobo, X2, 2gb, X1800xlaiw. Been good to me so far.

Nice rig! You should never feel bad about such a purchase. People will tell you it costs too much or that something better is coming out, but I think you did a splendid thing: you bought the best there is right now and that should be a good feeling. Once tuned, if you are not happy with the results, at least you will know you are not happy with home computing period and it's not a problem with your particular choice of parts.

Now, run "hello world" on it...or something. :smile:

Back