Boeing 787 - Whites-only Aircraft.

Guden Oden said:
Anyway, part of the irony of my original post is I really don't get WHY Boeing, in this day and age in particular, would release a PR image of the first class compartment filled with only white people (and alledgedly, one asian guy, though I sure can't find him). I suppose people looking for conspiracies and such might try to find some more or less plausible explanation, other than it simply being a goof from Boeing's side.

It's not just a matter of it being PC either mind you. Imagine that same picture filled with nothing but black men and women (and one smug-looking kid, and an asian guy). Would the image stand out more, or maybe LESS, than the way it looks now? A white person isn't some sort of generic image of a human being you know.

(Och Cosmokramer, om du inte gillar det här inlägget så kan du tammefan ta dig i brasan. :p)

White people are about 70% of the US population.

"Anyway, part of the irony of my original post is I really don't get WHY Boeing, in this day and age in particular, would release a PR image of the first class compartment filled with only white people (and alledgedly, one asian guy, though I sure can't find him). I suppose people looking for conspiracies and such might try to find some more or less plausible explanation, other than it simply being a goof from Boeing's side." Why wouldnt they?
NEWSFLASH: until not so long ago white people were a clear mayority in the states , it was mostly whites who invented boeign so what is your problem?

"It's not just a matter of it being PC either mind you. Imagine that same picture filled with nothing but black men and women (and one smug-looking kid, and an asian guy). Would the image stand out more, or maybe LESS, than the way it looks now? A white person isn't some sort of generic image of a human being you know."
It would stand out more. And given blacks are about 12% of the US population I dont see what you mean.

thekey said:
White people are about 70% of the US population.
Yeah, so what? White people are maybe 30% of the WORLD population. At the very most, and likely much much less. Entire US population isn't even 5% of world population.

NEWSFLASH: until not so long ago white people were a clear mayority in the states , it was mostly whites who invented boeign so what is your problem?
Oh. It was mostly whites who invented boeing, so what's strange with packing a luxury compartment full of them and taking glossy PR pictures? Why not make air travel exclusively available to pinkskins as well then since the wright brothers and all the other early pioneers were of that color. Nothing strange with that, huh?

Dude, try listening to what you're saying. You come off as sounding a little...well, off, is probably the nicest way of putting it.

It would stand out more. And given blacks are about 12% of the US population I dont see what you mean.
What's with your obsession with the US population? Boeing is a WORLD PLAYER. The united states - hard as it may be to comprehend or even accept for some - ISN'T the entire world, or at least not the only part of it worth bothering with. And these pictures will make it around the globe as well.

Damn Guden, you really didn't mean it as a joke did you? Why do you always try to make a big deal of nothing? You imagine that Boeing is racist for having the majority of people in its PR pictures as white. Then you go on to say you canot find the Asian man that was posted in plenty of pictures on this forum. So what you're telling us is that you can clearly see what a white person looks like but not an Asian person? There is also clearly a black woman who is the flight attendant. But then you might cry about how she is the worker and not a passenger.

Maybe Boeing will do different PRs by region.
Lord knows you rarely see more than 1 or 2 caucasions on an intra-asia flight. They're the ones sweating their asses off since all the Asian carrier run the cabin at about 28 C.
:)

Sonic said:
Damn Guden, you really didn't mean it as a joke did you?
I meant it originally as an ironic comment, but you know how threads go on message boards... One thing leads to another.

You imagine that Boeing is racist for having the majority of people in its PR pictures as white.
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. In later posts in this thread I wondered alound at their motives for taking such a picture as the one I originally linked to. Or more specifically, this picture: http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/744_large_787_Interiors_k63434-10.jpg It was the only one I saw before epic posted a bunch more.

Anyway, I don't see an asian guy in that picture, nor a black flight attendant. I concede that the hand visible in the lower right corner might belong to a fair-skinned asian man, but other than that...

So to repeat what I've already stated, I didn't accuse boeing of being racist. I said the picture, being a PR image, looks ODD. Like, you do PR images a certain way for certain reasons, and I wondered about the reason behind doing a PR image showing only white people. You could believe it's just an amazing coincidence, or - knowing PR departments are what they are, doing demographics surveys and all - you could believe there's some other reason for it.

Guden Oden said:
You could believe it's just an amazing coincidence, or - knowing PR departments are what they are, doing demographics surveys and all - you could believe there's some other reason for it.

take a flight with the 787 and become white! (perhaps lose all the fat as well)

It's the dreamliner after all :LOL:

Sure the PR people know we all desire it hiddenly.

Guden Oden said:
Yeah, so what? White people are maybe 30% of the WORLD population. At the very most, and likely much much less. Entire US population isn't even 5% of world population.
Whites are less than 10% of the world population and Boeing is an american company mostly started by whites, they have the right to put whatever people they want without some multi-culti policeman complaining.

Guden Oden said:
Oh. It was mostly whites who invented boeing, so what's strange with packing a luxury compartment full of them and taking glossy PR pictures? Why not make air travel exclusively available to pinkskins as well then since the wright brothers and all the other early pioneers were of that color. Nothing strange with that, huh?
So what is your point? Whites have the rights to their own inventions and handle them as they like.

Guden Oden said:
What's with your obsession with the US population? Boeing is a WORLD PLAYER. The united states - hard as it may be to comprehend or even accept for some - ISN'T the entire world, or at least not the only part of it worth bothering with. And these pictures will make it around the globe as well.
Again Boeing is an american company, and the pictures illustrate more or less the racial proportion of the population. Look at a advertisings in say japan or africa. Why dont you go and tell them to include whites?

thekey said:
Why dont you go and tell them to include whites?
Guden doesn't speak Japanese or... the multitude of languages in Africa.

....:p

Can't we all just get along...

Back