Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom screens (aka boooo SOE)

Thanks for the link. I do remember it now.

mckmass : I don't think you can assume the tech demo is illustrative of UL. UL doesn't require that level of complex growth, and even if it did, would not the pictures show lush vegetation rather than barren textured ground? There don't even appear to be grass sprites in those grabs. If UL:DK can handle lots of plants, critters etc, why aren't they being shown? Grabs show the best of the current build don't they? If they're early pics that could explain lack of content, but again, they shouldn't really be released. Unless Sony want a full list of games and pictures to boot to show they're titles some way through creation and not just names on a bit of paper.

It could be due to a few things that you just listed. To me it's either the pictures are from an early build, the pictures seen show the browish wood areas before the vegetation kicks in, they were at that time working on incomplete PS3 dev kits, or the guys just suck at making good graphics.

Who knows. We'll find out next week.

This ---> http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8213/16rx1.jpg does look sorta like....

This ----> The real game

It just looks like it's in a non-complete form. It wouldn't surprise me to see the real game match the demo. But then again it wouldn't surprise me to see the opposite happen either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicked said:
Eh, it pretty much has already matched the demo. Like I said, its not a looker (wasn't at E3 either), but when you see full-sized screens in a couple of days...it'll make a big difference. IMO.

Make a difference in what way?

Griffith said:
very bad screenshots, where are all those who say kameo is not next gen?
all gone? :smile:
Who said that Untold Legend can be deemed as "Next Gen compliant"?
Most of the people in this thread are actually pointing out that the game looks really bad.

The thread was more or less civil until now. So, no need to drag an, always insightful, Console war argument in this, please.

I was thinking about posting some nice photoshops of these images of UTL but the thread has been civil so far. Obviously though, the images are not that pretty. Hopefully seeing it in its full res it may look better. Not really working with much though.

So funny what these guys spew. I laughed when he said that the game demonstrated what RSX and cell working together is delivering. Didn't realize the RSX was available last year.

The most unimpressive in those screens is that there really isn't a lot in those screens.
That could be forgiven if there was some innovative gameplay, or original art, but as there doesn't seem to be either, this goes straight to my "ignore and forget" list.

I can understand if the game look so "empty" and simple right now, if the meaning is that things will be growing all over the place and stuff. I haven't read about this game, but what would purpose be of having grwing plants. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a "living" environment in more games, and I think we are getting there, but will there be some gameplay machnistics invoved?...

ralexand said:
So funny what these guys spew. I laughed when he said that the game demonstrated what RSX and cell working together is delivering. Didn't realize the RSX was available last year.

Well, what can you do, corporate PR and BS...

ralexand said:

Does it effectively matter when whatever they did show it on was a subset of RSX in terms of capability?

Anyway, I agree with the comments about "emptiness". What is there isn't terrible, but there is a huge lack of it. One character and a virtually empty environment in most of the screens.

I think at the end of the day, one of the most fair (yet still subjective) litmus tests for these next-gen titles has been "Could i see something like this on PS2 and Xbox?"

While there's a lot more data available by seeing a game in motion, these early screenshots have me thinking 'yes'.

Back