"Saturation point"? Innovation>Graphics? Read!

pc999 said:
The secret is in the almost;) .
But I think that you agree that HDTVs will only be really sucessefull when they hit the mainstream, but for that they will need to get much lower prices, it is the same argument here.
Having the prices lower will obviously help push sales...but then again people will save for something that is worth the price. Where i work this happens a lot and i see HDTVs moving out the store pretty quickly.

Shifty Geezer said:
I don't think 'mind control' is the perfect control scheme that's being aimed for. What makes a game 'fun' is the challenge of hand eye coordination and controlling a character with limited ability. With mind control everything would etiher be perfect, in that if you are playing a tennis game and you think 'swing with the racket to hit the ball over there' it would do it, or you'd have stupid frustrations wanting to control characters to act in certain ways when they can't.
Well you would still have to wait for an animation...Anyway i think the perfect system would feed all gaming images in the mind eliminating TVs all together.

pixelbox said:
Having the prices lower will obviously help push sales...but then again people will save for something that is worth the price. Where i work this happens a lot and i see HDTVs moving out the store pretty quickly.

But saving means not buying other things like eg games, those will chose between a HDTV or games and that mean that one company will "loss" money, that is why companys try to get prices lower so they dont need to be chosen (so often at least).

pc999 said:
But saving means not buying other things like eg games, those will chose between a HDTV or games and that mean that one company will "loss" money, that is why companys try to get prices lower so they dont need to be chosen (so often at least).

pc999 you really do know that lower prices doesn't really work as great as you are making sound right?

They arent the solution for all (extrem eg Ferraris), but when we talk about the mainstream they are a very important part.

Back