Anyone use one of these on a Dreamcast?

NANOTEC

Banned
wq7259.package.jpg

Also can you use this to output video from a standalone DVD player to a VGA monitor?

I think it could incur some problems as lots of TVs only accept what we call "video" signals through component, and not PC resolutions. At 640x480 i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem though.
If it does what it think it does, it could be great. Don't think it would work well with PCs as some TVs (not sure how many) won't accept typical PC resolutions through component.

It's a different type of signal isn't it (VGA != Y.Pb.Yr)?

I'd say it won't work on most occasions as you'll be needing a real converter (box) for that.

pipo said:

I'd say it won't work on most occasions as you'll be needing a real converter (box) for that.

I suppose there could be a converter inside that little box on the cable... Don't know...

It's just a VGA to RGB interconect cable like it says right on the package. To convert RGB to component's YPbPr you'll need a transcoder.

Yeah, like pipo linked.

pipo said:

here in europe our TVs eat RGB.
the dreamcast was especially nice as its default cable was RGB scart here, like on super nintendo, megadrive and former consoles; unlike PSX, N64, everything later which come with the inferior RCA cables.

Back