GRAW review XBOX 360 by IGN

Aside from the fact that GR:AW, PDZ, and Madden have it off? None.

GRAW isn't even out yet.

I dont own any of these games, I cant notice this problem, and no reviews mention it. So who knows.

I think you're just saying it because they're MS games. These are all only MS games.

I love we have determined a game that's not out yet has Vsync problem also.

We started determining that two days ago, when it really really wasn't out.

Invisible games have Vsync issues!

expletive said:
Why do you think so?

(I made it up when i said it. :) )

Perhaps geometry is stored incorrectly in edram framebuffer or wrongly queued out of it, or bad clipping between geometry tiles, or synchronize lag while putting rendered tiles in whole image or... i have no idea :D

Xbot360 said:
I love we have determined a game that's not out yet has Vsync problem also.

We started determining that two days ago, when it really really wasn't out.

Invisible games have Vsync issues!

What are you talking about? GRAW is OUT.

Xbot360 said:
GRAW isn't even out yet.

I dont own any of these games, I cant notice this problem, and no reviews mention it. So who knows.

I think you're just saying it because they're MS games. These are all only MS games.

I think you need to take a deep breath,re-read the thread, and you'll have a better understanding of the flow of the discussion.

NucNavST3 said:
WAY OT: BTW expletive seems to magically stop playing fnr3 when I sign on ;) and I have finally bested Sissy on GW:RE, now I just need to get pummeled by scoob at fnr3 to boost my impressive winless record on live!

Damn! Calling me out on forums!?! This is worse then when Apollo Creed called out Rocky on the evening news! :D

Now youve asked for it. I'm even going to hold off on Burnout and GRAW to let you beat on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/hype/review.aspx?id=10773

rofl :D

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Distributor: Ubisoft
Release Date: 3/9/2006

The skinny:
Advanced Warfighter tells us what war will be like in the year 2013.

The cream:
Warmongerers, M*A*S*H fans and Dick Cheney types will have such a blast doling out death with the game's high-tech weaponry that they'll be shouting the words, "How you like me now, Sgt. Candy Ass?" way past their bedtimes.

The crap:
The single-player experience reminded us of a midget hooker: It's too short, but very sweet.

Handy press quote:
"Advanced Warfighter on the 360 is so beautiful, we actually dry-humped our conference room TV set. And yes, it was the closest we've come to having an actual relationship in several years."
—Stuffmagazine.com

You'll like this if you like:
Sending young men into battle to do your dirty work for you while you hang back hiding behind a barrel eating a hoagie like a damn coward.

Buy, rent or run away screaming?
While all the versions are competent, the 360 disc is the one you're really going to want. Unfortunately, at $60, you'll need to breach and clear your wallet to afford it.

What are you talking about? GRAW is OUT.

What is the official release date? I thought it was the 9th.

As of 1-3 days ago when people started complaining avout vsync it was not out for sure.

I would have tried to pick it up tonight but I thought nobody would have it. Yes there are a few people getting it today but I dont think it's officially out.

Anyway it may have come out today, but this was definitly the first day.

Gamespot review:

Highest rated Xbox 360 game from Gamespot

Advanced Warfighter is the best-looking game to date on the Xbox 360, and it offers exceptional tactical shooting action to back up those great visuals.

The Good: Campaign is exciting and challenging, even at normal difficulty; the door-gunner missions are awesome; offers a definite tactical feel with its difficulty; amazing graphics and presentation; really looks and feels like you're in a city....

The Bad: ...except there are no civilians; teammate artificial intelligence leaves something to be desired; bright, high-contrast lighting can sometimes make it difficult to see.

Gameplay: 9
Graphics: 10
Sound: 9
Value: 9
Tilt: 9

Gamespot said:
The Bad: ...except there are no civilians; teammate artificial intelligence leaves something to be desired; bright, high-contrast lighting can sometimes make it difficult to see.

Isnt that the whole idea of high contrast lighting (HDR)?

Xbot360 said:
Anyway it may have come out today, but this was definitly the first day.
A lot of people got it today, but some got it days ago and various sorces reported the lack of vsync early on as it was an ongoing question since preview videos showed tearing as well.

since preview videos showed tearing as well.

Who got it early? I did not see anybody on forums getting it even just two days ago. Unusual if anything.

Anyway can you point to the Vsync issue at a specific moment of a specific video? I'll go look at it. See if I can see it.

Go and find the old(first?) MP video from 1UP and you can see some bad screen tearing. Of course that was an old build and they have cleaned that up considerabely.

Btw I high profile game like Ninja Gaiden also has vsync off. I as a user rather want screen tearing than choppy framerate.

Xbot360 said:
Who got it early? I did not see anybody on forums getting it even just two days ago. Unusual if anything.
It's not unusual at all, some people just have inside conections. Heck, there was even some guy that had a webcam up letting everyone watch him play all day a few days ago.

No I am saying it is unusual it didn't leak out MORE before the release.

From what I saw virtually nobody had it even yesterday. Usually more stray copies of a high profile game leak out than that. Yeah I'm sure somebody in the World did. Hell IGN review said they had had it for two weeks I think.

GRAW is amazing in SP and the MP is full featured and lag free but the graphics in MP are not quite as jaw dropping (reduced texture detail) but still excellent.

The MP game play (aiming & controlling) takes a little getting used to but it is addictive. There are SOOO many features and variants available online that you can create almost any situation that you can think of.

I'm still not satisfied with the way the guys move around on the terrain (a little jerky) in MP which makes online a little bit of hit or miss in close quarters. It's not made to be a run 'n' gunner though and the overall feel and strategy (if you play from more of a distance and use team tactics) is pretty cool. It has much more realistic qualities (ie you need to be as stationary as possible to actually hit something and it takes time to reload or switch weapons and sight someone in).... no shotguns and no running around sniping people from the hip.

One word to describe this game: slick.

Man these controls are the best I've ever seen, they've really set a new bar for the controls of all 3rd person action games. The GFX aren't bad either :p

Back