erock from Geforce Zone Broke the *news on GFFX not canned!!

All I can say is if this comes to light, and its published... If it does turn out that the gffx [edit:Ultra] IS canned, Nvidia PR is gonna have even more egg on its face.

Edit: ya, absolutely meant Ultra. Just typin too fast.

Ichneumon said:
All I can say is if this comes to light, and its published... If it does turn out that the gffx IS canned, Nvidia PR is gonna have even more egg on its face.

Uh, you mean the the GF-Fx ULTRA, right? I haven't seen anyone saying the gffx is cancelled, unless you have new information?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.geforcezone.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=3079

"Over the last week - there have been a number of rumors on the web in reference to the status of NVIDIA GeForce FX GPUs. As you know the company does not comment on rumors and/or speculation. Like every new product from NVIDIA - the demand is far greater than the limited supply we will have. NVIDIA's GeForce FX Ultra 5800 and the GeForce FX 5800 are still targeted to be in retail in late February. "

kid_crisis said:
Uh, you mean the the GF-Fx ULTRA, right? I haven't seen anyone saying the gffx is cancelled, unless you have new information?

absolutely. just typin faster than i was thinkin.

It might not be canned, but it sure as heck won't be available in retail on store shelves. FAIC, It may as well be canned.

New bit at [H]:

'Bottom line is that the 5800 Ultra will never be sold in stores in any great number if any, and the 400/800 clocked 5800 will be available in "limited quantity".'

WTF is going on in NV-land?

Each board sold is probably money coming out of NVidia's pocket. I'm sure it's all being counted as marketing expense--the purpose is to hold developer and gamer mindshare--but there is a limit as to how much they are willing to lose on this.

I daresay they are making money at the Quadro pricepoint, though :)

tamattack said:
New bit at [H]:

'Bottom line is that the 5800 Ultra will never be sold in stores in any great number if any, and the 400/800 clocked 5800 will be available in "limited quantity".'

WTF is going on in NV-land?

I would like to know too. I thought it was only the Ultra that was going to be a limited run. Now the 5800 too? WTF???

Wasn't there supposed to be a Nv conference call on Monday?

Crusher said:
NVIDIA's GeForce FX Ultra 5800 and the GeForce FX 5800 are still targeted to be in retail in late February.

In what quantity? Thats what I would like to know. If they had 1 ultra and 1 non-ultra siting on the shelf, that statement would still be true.

Different sources, and since people continued to think they were being canceled, redundancy was warranted.

edit

Dave has also posted a link to [H] in the news forum thread on this topic, where it seems Brian Burke has posted the same message.

The truth is, nobody knows why Marsellus tossed Tony Rocky Horror out of that window except Marsellus and Tony Rocky Horror. But when you scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.

Back