NV and H.264 acceleration ?

um... speaking of h.264, whats the best way to play back (in real time...) a 1080i AVC H264 file in a .ts container?
To even get it to play I had to download Haali Media Splitter, but it isnt getting any help from my 7800gt?
I've played back a few h264 HDTV files before, but never in a .ts container, and that seems to be a problem.
Is there a program I should get to convert the file to play it the proper container, like .mp4 or something, and getting some help from my GPU?

You can try the VLC media player, it can demux a TS and remux it into a mp4 file, although the process is not very reliable.

That's weird. You may want to try the latest driver (93.71). However, it seems to be quite a "luck" thing to get PureVideo HD works with a AGP card. I have tried it on one computer which worked, and another one doesn't work at all, and I can't find the differences in the software/driver setups.

I think it depends on whether your CPU supports SSE3 and the GPU has a working PVP. If both conditons are met you get H.264 acceleration. I have tried WMV HD acceleration on six AGP 6600 GTs ( four different models ) with various drivers and various CPUs and recently on an AGP 7600 GS on an Athlon 64 socket 754 system and it didn't work at all on any of them with current drivers. It does work with older 77.77 drivers and other of that era but with audio sync issues.

Back