that could be better than both is rumored to come to xbox 360 as well

The first sign was when in an interview developers said they are thinking
about an xbox version, but only after pc verison is done. Then jo-wood in
future plans announced a gothic to consoles plan as well

Finally comes this new rumor, that seems could be true after all those signs

www.rpgdot.com

Gothic 3 for Xbox 360 Rumours

(PC: Single-Player RPG) | Posted by Dhruin @ 07:35 - Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments (10) | Game Info | Homepage | Screenshots
World of Gothic is reporting on an item from JoWood New about a rumoured
offer for an Xbox 360 version of Gothic 3: Rumour has it that JoWooD,
European publisher for Gothic 3, has recently received a substantial bid to sell
the XBox publishing rights for its hit RPG computer game.
http://www.rpgdot.com/#46653

I suspect Microsoft could be the one that would want the rights, it makes a lot of sense, since this game would a real system seller, the controls would be perfect on a cosnole and devlepers could double their money and fan with minimum effort and
huge rewards

Here are the facts and rumors about Gothic 3 coming to xbox 360

FACTS
1. Jo-wood has spoken of gothic on consoles plans
2. In an quite old interview about gothic 3, developers said they were thinking of a xbox 360 version, but only after pc game is ready
3. Gothic 3 uses gamebryo 2 engine and speedtree, as Oblivion does and the port to xbox 360 would be really much easier than with any other engine

RUMORS

1. The bidding for publishing rights is indeed a rumor, but the game is not as popular as to create random rumors about it, so the possibility of this beeing true is really high

First Post edited

Please, do not post entire articles or news pieces. A link and some excerpts suffice. ;)
Also, please do not capitalize entire common words in the thread title.

Now, on topic,
since this game would a real system seller,
Since when the Gothic serie is a system seller?

Well if nasos_333 buys a 360 to play Gothic, it'd count :p

Gothic is otherwise a very minor name in RPGs. Gothic 3 has some positive concepts on paper, but it'd need amazing reviews to attract popular attention, especially away from Oblivion.

hmm... that would be great, then i wouldnt have to buy half a new pc to enjoy the game.

they even could bring simple ports of gothic 1 and 2 to the game, shouldnt be too much of a problem.

this really would help microsoft.

gothic is an rpg set in a fantasy world with magic, swords, a big evil, dragons, orks and so on. In the previous two games one could join bandits, knights etc., but the freedom of choice and many different ways to solve problems was mostly a given.

great games

you see your character from the 3rd person view, default config.

It amazes me how people on this forum are sure to have access to the internet (how else would they be here) but don't use it.

http://www.gothic3.com/index.php?do=097099116105111110061108097110103117097103101038108097110103061101110103038112114101118112097103101061115116097114116112097103101046112104112038112114101118115099101110101061

That's the link for the English site. gothic3.com is natively german. I thought I'd include the full link 'coz it's so crazy-ridiculous long! :oops:

And there's always IGN which, if it hasn't got an upcoming game, is likely to have the previous iterations to check out.

boomups - Check you're personal profile and maybe those that gave you negative rep left useful comments you can learn from (though they're likely just insults...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty Geezer said:
boomups - Check you're personal profile and maybe those that gave you negative rep left useful comments you can learn from (though they're likely just insults...)

your right..... one says that a thread of mine was flamebait, the other thinks my posts have no content, or simply to little for that.

WHO CAREs abut rep anyway!:rolleyes:

oh... and one of the most pleasent things about gothic were treasurehunting, innocent npc massacers, and going up against beast 3 times your own size... well a fantasy game.

and on top of that those are pretty "old" screenshots....... (several months)
well, i hope we are in for a treat when the game comes out.

Laa-Yosh said:
I still think that Gothic 3 looks horrible :(

i am sure they'll fix things up nicely for when the game comes out, but when i saw those shots the first time i was stunned.

but one year really is alot of time regarding graphics.

nasos_333 said:
3. Gothic 3 uses gamebryo 2 engine and speedtree, as Oblivion does and the port to xbox 360 would be really much easier than with any other engine
Gothic 3 game engine has been called the "Genome Engine" for quite some time now, though (evolved from Gamebryo engine, re-coded by the Piranhas).

Other bits:

- Supports multithreading (dual-core CPUs etc.)
- Supports Shader Model 3
- Uses AGEIA PhysX SDK for realtime physics (formerly called NovodeX)
- Uses SpeedTree for foliage (trees & plants)
- Uses EMotion FX 2 for realtime character animations

Here's also a extensive on-going Q&A session with the developers:

http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/gothic3_ask_the_devs.html

Gothic 3 facts: http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?t=114813

Last edited by a moderator:
SlmDnk said:
Gothic 3 game engine has been called the "Genome Engine" for quite some time now, though (evolved from Gamebryo engine, re-coded by the Piranhas).

Other bits:

- Supports multithreading (dual-core CPUs etc.)
- Supports Shader Model 3
- Uses AGEIA PhysX SDK for realtime physics (formerly called NovodeX)
- Uses SpeedTree for foliage (trees & plants)
- Uses EMotion FX 2 for realtime character animations

Here's also a extensive on-going Q&A session with the developers:

http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/gothic3_ask_the_devs.html

Gothic 3 facts: http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?t=114813

Nice info, but still muc of the angine is based on the gamebryo, and certain libs will be ready for xbox 360 i suppose. Then xbox IS multithreaded, supports shader model 3, can use 3rd cpu core for physics, support speedtree as Oblivion shows, as for animations, i think can be done on xbox cpu as great as on pc ones, so there is no real problem making it for xbox 360

Back