Why is this thread locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess the mod only read a little past Guden Oden crap post. But the thread checked its self was fine? Lazy mod.

John Reynolds said:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28892

Not my Oblivion characters thread! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcasm aside, I am left scratching my head as to why. Too geeky? Soon to fade away. Breaking forum rules. . .which ones? Posted in the wrong forum? Doubt that.

Clearly not breaking any rule, but definetly useless IMO.
Can it really be usefull to anyone to know how you intend to use a game not yet released ?!

I've put that thread to vote in the Moderator section, will see what's decided, in the meantime it's locked...

Instead of starting a new thread with the same exact name :

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28937

I have absolutely no fucking clue why the thread is locked. Some posts, while veering off-topic, offerred some complementary OT opinions.

Now, I don't visit that forum that much and thus the only reasons I can think of especially when no reason was provided is that what JC told me is common knowledge, has been discussed many times over or that the thread has become impossibly OT (which surely can't be the case). I wanted to post something there I'm sure many would like to read but that is impbossible now.

I blame society. I keed...I keed.

Anyways, on another forum I started a fifty cent (the rapper) hate thread and my first post basically didn't say anything about him. So, one of the mods posted that if I don't include more relevant information in the first post, then the thread will be locked and so I edited some in and the thread actually turned out pretty funny. What I'm saying is that maybe the mods could post a comment on how close the thread is to being deleted in order to encourage both the thread starter and the people reading the thread to keep it alive.

My $0.02

Reverend said:
I have absolutely no fucking clue why the thread is locked. Some posts, while veering off-topic, offerred some complementary OT opinions.
No clue at all? You mean you couldn't foresee what potential the rather vague and vacuous single comment would have for causing pointless bickering, childish mud-slinging arguments in the forum section that has been rife with it ever since it opened?

I wanted to post something there I'm sure many would like to read but that is impbossible now.
The thread is still there - it's only locked - so people can still read it.

Neeyik said:
You seem not to understand why the thread was locked either so we're both clueless then!
Yes, I don't understand the reason. You're talking "pre-emptive measures" I assume. Seems rather drastic but then again you are more familiar with the individuals that frequent that particular forum than I do (I only visit it from time to time). <shrug>

As for my previous post, I wasn't talking about being able to read the locked thread; I was talking about wanting to make another post there (something probably useful) but can't because it's been locked.

Was that supposed to be a wisecrack comment DW?

It appeared neither Nick nor I understood each other. I tried to explain.

What is the purpose of your post?

Reverend said:
Was that supposed to be a wisecrack comment DW?

It appeared neither Nick nor I understood each other. I tried to explain.

What is the purpose of your post?
Oh no, no. Not sarcastic at all.

The problem as I see it, basically put, is that you wished to post up a comment in the thread in question yet were unable to do so since it was locked. Since this did not suit you, you felt it appropriate to post up in the feedback section to make your discontent better known and understood.

After doing so you were told by the mod why he locked it; yet you persisted in insisting that it was a wrong call because it denied your loyal following the wisdom of your words on that particular subject, (which I must admit did make me giggle just a bit).

I figured the only option you have left is just to try being right harder, mebbe it'll help.
yep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back