How benchmark 3D Cards, today

FrgMstr said:
Oddly enough, even though there will be little else that multi-core processors in the forseeable future, I am talking to more and more people every day that are using their desktops ONLY for gaming. I am finding that many folks are using their laptops for all their other needs, but going back to the fullsize desktop when they want to get their frag on. :) This is a statement to just how powerful our laptops have gotten.

Interesting! I've noticed in the past that the [H] polls tend to show pretty insanely high reader salary figures, so, maybe that's it. See, I've always hated laptops. My Mom always used them for work, and they never... work... Plus no upgrade paths and no performance and overpriced -- I always thought of the laptop as a deadend (though a necessary one for a small number of jobs). So, dual core again fits in with my goals and budget. I tend to suspect that you're surrounded even more than you realize by EXTREEM! enthusiasts ;) but clearly your duty is to your readers, not me! :p

Back