What are the most anticipated 360 games for 06?

I'm wondering what games everyone is most looking forward to for the upcoming year, and why. Lets do the top 3.

From april's OXM they've provided this list of probable 2006 releases, '2006 in preview'. Some of them seem a little questionable for 06 release, but it's the best list we have.

I've added a few obvious ones that were missing(in red), if you know of more just post em and I'll update the list:
All Points Bulletin
Blue Dragon
And 1 Streetball
BF2: MC
Bad Day LA
Bully
Chromehounds
City of Metronome
Crackdown
The Darkness
Dark Sector
DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2
Dead Rising
Demonik
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
eM eCHANT arM
Far Cry: Instincts Predator/The Next Chapter
FFXI
FlatOut 2
Frame City Killer
Gears of War
Godfather
GRAW
Huxley
Indiana Jones
John Woo's Stranglehold
Just Cause
KuF: The Circle of Doom
LEGO Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
LoTR: BFME2
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet
Marvel Online
Mass Effect
MoH: Airborne
MLB 2k6
MotoGP 06
The Movies
NBA Ballers: Phenom
NFL Head Coach
Painkiller: Hell Wars
Over-G
Possession
Prey
RE5
Rogue Trooper
Rumble Roses
Saint's Row
Scarface
SC: Double Agent
Table Tennis (rockstar)
Test Drive: Unlimited
TimeShift
Tomb Raider: Legend(360)
Too Human
Top Spin 2
Urban Chaos: Riot Response
VIVA Pinata!
X-Men 3
Mine are:
- Mass Effect (by a mile)
- Blue Dragon
- Too Human (or Lost Odyssey if it's actually in 06)
(GOW, Huxley, Oblivion, GRAW, SC4 honourable mention)

* interesting N3 isn't on this list, i wonder if OXM has reason to believe it won't be coming to the west. eM's on there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Odyssey ,Lost Planet, Mass Effect, GOW....I'm looking forward to those.
Some Xbox1 games are mixed up in there like Dreamfall: Longest Journey(really looking forward to this, PC version though),Hitman:BM and SC: Ghost.

Great job on the list. I'm personally looking foraward to GoW, Blue Dragon, and anything from bioware.

Where's Halo 3? ;)

What platform is that 'project offset' for? Is it even a game or is it just a tech demo?

And though im not really stoked for it, i think that godfather game is missing.

1. SC: Double Agent (i am sc freak)
2. Gears of War (cliffyB rules)
3. Blue Dragon (remember the trailer :devilish: )

also: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, GRAW, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Too Human

perhaps: Chromehounds, BF2: MC, Prey, MotoGP 06

They are all AAA games, splendid visuals. big production. This will be great year. :p

expletive said:
What platform is that 'project offset' for? Is it even a game or is it just a tech demo?
from what I have heard/read from their website and elsewhere, yes it is a game .. platform(s) unknown ATM, although again from what I have heard/read, it seems like PC will be one of the platforms it is going to be released on

.. since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll mention N3: Ninety Nine Nights ..

.. oh, and regarding that OXM list.. I know it's not an official list, but IMO there's absolutely no way that RE5 will be out in 2006

My list stands at...

**MADDEN 07** The first true nextgen football game.

1. Any mech game (including Chrome Hounds, Gundam)
2. Dead Rising
3. RE5
4. GRAW
5. Battlefield2
6. GOW
7. Halo3

Possibly
8. Moh
9. Saints Row
10. Possession

No love for APB?

Concept footage:
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2122/All-Points-Bulletin-Concept-Footage/

All Points Bulletin (APB) is a massively multiplayer online freeform combat and driving-based game, designed by the creator of the original Grand Theft Auto (GTA) franchise. Developed by Real Time Worlds Ltd. and published by global online entertainment company, WEBZEN Inc., APB brings players into a living, breathing city where cash is king and territory equals respect. In a fight to dominate the expansive world of APB, players must decide which side of the law to abide by, as Law Enforcement who take on the challenge of supporting and safeguarding justice, or as Gangs, who operate against the law and any opposing groups by any means necessary. APB will provide players with ultimate customization options from their weapons, vehicles and clothes to their attitude, music and environment.

Lost Odyssey - I've much more faith on this than the Blue Dragon. Though very little has been shown of LO, what has been shown of BD has left me cold. From what info there is of Blue Dragon, it sounds a bit too simple "action rpg". Also the graphics have so far left me very unimpressed.

RE5 - RE4 brought back my faith on the series.

Crackdown - should be good, considering the developer

Too human and Far Cry by far. The rest (well, not all of the rest) look like typical "THIS IS WHAT NEXT-GEN IS ALL ABOUT!!" type of games.

I would be quite shocked if either Too Human or Mass Effect made it in 2006. Neither developer has a reputation for speed. Early 2007, maybe. Same goes for Halo 3, Crackdown, RE5, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Lost Planet, APB, Alan Wake, Killing Day, Shadowrun and Project Offset. Actually, I doubt that last one will hit the X360 at all.

Other than that:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Splinter Cell 4
Top Spin 2 (I expect very few to agree with me about this one)
Oblivion
Gears of War
Ninety-Nine Nights
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Dead Rising
Tomb Raider: Legend
Chromehounds (this or Armored Core 4)
X-Men 3 video game (maybe...)
Saint's Row (another maybe)
The Outfit

And I really want to know what Rare is up to. Hopefully they have a team dedicated to XBLA.

Street Fighter 2 and Monster Madness on XBLA should entice some buyers (including myself). I expect there's going to be a torrent of XBLA announcements between GDC and E3, most of which will launch before the year's end.

Lastly, to heck with whether these games are really next-gen or not. This-gen games are worth purchasing, so I don't see how more impressive versions of them are not.

Neither Gamespot nor IGN show it as such. *shrugs*

That reminds me: Project Assassins, if it comes to the X360, might be worth buying.

Games like RE5(and Mass effect,lost planet e.t.c) don't have a chance of coming out in 2006.
When it comes to games that have a chance of coming out in 2006 my most anticipated are:
1)Gears of War
2)Too Human
3)ESIV:Oblivion
4)GRAW
5)Dead Rising

First impression, that's quite a long list... Second impression, can't help wonder how complete it is... Where is N3, Over G, rumble roses to name 3 that are comming out pretty soon.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, GOW, Mass Effect
are my equal top 3 right as it stands. Not that you can buy 360s here yet though... :)

RE5, GoW, Too Human are those I'm waiting for to see what that box is really capable of.

scooby_dooby said:
I'm wondering what games everyone is most looking forward to for the upcoming year, and why. Lets do the top 3.

From april's OXM they've provided this list of probable 2006 releases, '2006 in preview'. Some of them seem a little questionable for 06 release, but it's the best list we have.

I've added a few obvious ones that were missing(in red), if you know of more just post em and I'll update the list:

Mine are:
- Mass Effect (by a mile)
- Blue Dragon
- Too Human (or Lost Odyssey if it's actually in 06)
(GOW, Huxley, Oblivion, GRAW, SC4 honourable mention)

* interesting N3 isn't on this list, i wonder if OXM has reason to believe it won't be coming to the west. eM's on there...

I looking forward to Mass Effects too - but I am pretty sure it scheduled for an 07 release (same goes for Too Human).

Another game that could be a load of fun could be Crackdown, Test Drive Unlimited also looks interesting.

For the next couple of months:
GHOST RECON AW
BURNOUT REVENGE
BLAZING ANGELS
99NIGHTS
OVERG
--------------------------------
For the rest of 2006:
DEAD RISING
SPLINTER CELL 4
GEARS OF WAR
LOST PLANET