The Getaway (PSP version) with pics!

Gangs of London was designed specifically for the PSP system and will be presented in stunning graphic-novel style narratives. Dynamic storylines enable each player to experience their own unique progression in nearly 60 different missions that immerse gamers in an elite criminal underworld in modern day London. Complete with new gameplay modes, Gangs of London provides intense free-roaming gameplay perfectly tailored for a handheld system.

Gangs of London offers a variety of modes of play including Story Mode, Gang Battle, Free Roaming, London Pub Games and a unique Game Sharing mode.

Link

http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/psp/gangsoflondon/2.jpg
http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/psp/gangsoflondon/3.jpg
http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/psp/gangsoflondon/4.jpg
http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/psp/gangsoflondon/5.jpg

What do you guys think? Looks great to me.

Looks better than GTA, hopefully they can match the load times.

How's the gameplay in these games and how well do you think it could be adapted to the PSP's controller?

Nesh said:
When are they planning to make an original AAA title for the PSP?

Well, to be fair, there is quite some original content available for PSP already - and since PSP isn't a cheap system to develop for, I'd expect quite a bit of games with shared assets from PS2 to become available. At least we're not getting ports - besides, having the city of london authentically recreated on PSP should be quite a lot of fun. :smile:

mckmas8808 said:
Ever heard of Pursuit Force? And who are they?
Nope.
How many good original titles are there really/They are very very few.

they=refering generally to developers

Nesh said:
When are they planning to make an original AAA title for the PSP?

How many "original" titles are there on the DS? It's got just as many franchise updates/sequels.

Nesh said:
Nope.
How many good original titles are there really/They are very very few.

they=refering generally to developers

We don't HAVE to receive original titles to have fun playing games. I just want more exclusive PSP only games. And games like Pursuit Force, Syphon Filter, and Daxter is just what I want.

mckmas8808 said:
We don't HAVE to receive original titles to have fun playing games. I just want more exclusive PSP only games. And games like Pursuit Force, Syphon Filter, and Daxter is just what I want.
I can play most of these "exclusive PSP only games" on my PS2 just with a bit different content thank you.
I want new experiences on my PSP.I dont feel like paying again for PSP to get the same experience.Unless I didnt own a PS2.

Or you could stop complaining, buy a DS and play the five original games out of the hundreds of sequels available on it. Seriously, it's the same situation for both handhelds. The DS may have had the better originals, but that's up to your preference.

And BTW, Pursuit Force is a PS2 AAA-type game. I don't even know why it's exclusive to the PSP considering how awesome it is.

mckmas8808 said:

Let's not forget Exit and the upcoming Field Commander.

Lata

Spade

typoEDR said:
Or you could stop complaining, buy a DS and play the five original games out of the hundreds of sequels available on it. Seriously, it's the same situation for both handhelds. The DS may have had the better originals, but that's up to your preference.

And BTW, Pursuit Force is a PS2 AAA-type game. I don't even know why it's exclusive to the PSP considering how awesome it is.

There are more than that on the DS and even "sequels" are a different experience.Not to mention that these so called "sequels" are unique titles by their own.
Like the Sonic game.Although Sonic is not an original franchise, its a superb game not necessarilly a sequel to previous Sonic games.
The only problem with me about the DS is that the majority of games dont fit my tastes and lacks other PSP only features.

I had my hopes on PSP offering more mature original content than the DS.Atleast games based on existing franchises that with different gameplay ideas.Instead they are almost identical to the PS2 games and there were already 3 sequels available on PS2 based on the same franchises.

For example we had 3 Jaks, 2 Getaways, 3 GTAs etc on PS2.They continue making sequels of these on the PSP.Many who have already bought all these sequels like me on PS2 dont feel like spending 150 to get a PSP just to play 4rth sequels of the same games in the same gen on another platform.Now if these were on the PS2 I wouldnt mind buying them.

But things would have been different if they atleast made sequels of games that havent developed further.It would have been better if they developed Mark of Kri 2 for example.Or a new Klonoa.A new Final Fantasy Tactics.An Omega Boost sequel.What about a scrolling 2D Sonic on the PSP?

These would have felt fresher despite being based on previous games.

Nesh said:
There are more than that on the DS and even "sequels" are a different experience.Not to mention that these so called "sequels" are unique titles by their own.
Like the Sonic game.Although Sonic is not an original franchise, its a superb game not necessarilly a sequel to previous Sonic games.
The only problem with me about the DS is that the majority of games dont fit my tastes and lacks other PSP only features.

I had my hopes on PSP offering more mature original content than the DS.Atleast games based on existing franchises that with different gameplay ideas.Instead they are almost identical to the PS2 games and there were already 3 sequels available on PS2 based on the same franchises.

For example we had 3 Jaks, 2 Getaways, 3 GTAs etc on PS2.They continue making sequels of these on the PSP.Many who have already bought all these sequels like me on PS2 dont feel like spending 150 to get a PSP just to play 4rth sequels of the same games in the same gen on another platform.Now if these were on the PS2 I wouldnt mind buying them.

But things would have been different if they atleast made sequels of games that havent developed further.It would have been better if they developed Mark of Kri 2 for example.Or a new Klonoa.A new Final Fantasy Tactics.An Omega Boost sequel.What about a scrolling 2D Sonic on the PSP?

People like you, (i.e. people that claim PSP isn't original and full of sequels) always seem to forget why PSP is that powerful anyway. It's meant to have full blown console-like games on the go. Why waste processing power rendering 2D scrolling all the time? And sure there are some things portable games are suppose to inherit that early PSP games didn't have, but that has changed now. It's time for people to put away that sorry excuse already. More and more PSP titles are looking more and more pleasing to me because developers are finally using the PSP's "unique" features more, like processing power, game sharing, downloadable content, and a rich online experience. So before people make allegations like, "DS is unique and full of innovation and PSP is a *portable playstation*" think of it like this, DS game are very similar to the free online games and that stylus is very similar to a mouse. There is a reason they called it portable playstation.

Exactly pixelbox! And people like Nesh always seem to forget that there are other games out there on the PSP that are exclusive to it and not the PS2 like Kingdom of Paradise and Exit. But of course people are going to claim that same sorry excuse of "PSP has no games" or the latest excuse "PSP has no original games".​

mckmas8808 said:
Exactly pixelbox! And people like Nesh always seem to forget that there are other games out there on the PSP that are exclusive to it and not the PS2 like Kingdom of Paradise and Exit. But of course people are going to claim that same sorry excuse of "PSP has no games" or the latest excuse "PSP has no original games".​
And it's a shame really. There will always be people that will say that even though the games on PSP get rated high than DS games. Not to say that DS games are bad, But it's time to give credit where it's deserved. This is a first in 12 years that i own and love a portable and that deserves some credit!

Nesh said:

To a degree, I agree with you. I wish there were more... fringe titles on the PSP (a Klonoa would be great), but really your complaints are solely based on your preference of gaming. Some people do want sequels to GTA, Getaway, Syphon Filter, whatever. I see more fringe games being released later on as the platform hopefully expands and gains a larger userbase (much like the PS2). The PSP is simply a portable PlayStation--home console experiences on the road. That includes the GTAs, the Getaways, whatever. Who knows if Sony PSP's version of Live Arcade will include some of the titles you seem to crave? I don't know.

On topic--I hope it doesn't control like a bastard. And at least have a look behind button.

typoEDR said:
To a degree, I agree with you. I wish there were more... fringe titles on the PSP (a Klonoa would be great), but really your complaints are solely based on your preference of gaming. Some people do want sequels to GTA, Getaway, Syphon Filter, whatever. I see more fringe games being released later on as the platform hopefully expands and gains a larger userbase (much like the PS2). The PSP is simply a portable PlayStation--home console experiences on the road. That includes the GTAs, the Getaways, whatever. Who knows if Sony PSP's version of Live Arcade will include some of the titles you seem to crave? I don't know.

On topic--I hope it doesn't control like a bastard. And at least have a look behind button.

My point is---->They shouldnt rely only on this already milked franchises if they want to add more value to the PSP.We want other games too.Thats one of the big reasons why many dont care about purchasing a PSP as much as a DS.

pixelbox said:
People like you, (i.e. people that claim PSP isn't original and full of sequels) always seem to forget why PSP is that powerful anyway. It's meant to have full blown console-like games on the go. Why waste processing power rendering 2D scrolling all the time? And sure there are some things portable games are suppose to inherit that early PSP games didn't have, but that has changed now. It's time for people to put away that sorry excuse already. More and more PSP titles are looking more and more pleasing to me because developers are finally using the PSP's "unique" features more, like processing power, game sharing, downloadable content, and a rich online experience. So before people make allegations like, "DS is unique and full of innovation and PSP is a *portable playstation*" think of it like this, DS game are very similar to the free online games and that stylus is very similar to a mouse. There is a reason they called it portable playstation.
Read again my post (because your assumptions are wrong.I didnt even mention 2D games) as well as my reply to typoEDR

Last edited by a moderator:
Back