Inquirer Trying to cause i850E confusion?

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Read the following two reports concerning the i850E chipset and the RDRAM it supports.

http://www.theinquirer.net/08050211.htm

http://www.theinquirer.net/09050204.htm

Now, the first piece states that i850E requires PC1066 RDRAM - which is blatantly incorrect; PC800 RAM will still work fine with a 3x FSB to memory muliplier. I wrote to Mike to point out as much.

In writing to Mike I also pointed out that in actual fact Intel do not support PC1066 RDRAM at all with i850E (officially), and it is still limited to PC800 RDRAM the same as the 400MHz FSB boards. Even after doing so, Mike still decides to write the second piece which just serves to cause even greater confusion!

He probably read your mail after returning from his 7 pints over lunch, and later forgot it's contents... ;)

He probably read your mail after returning from his 7 pints over lunch, and later forgot it's contents...

Hehehe....Mike Magee= My hero. ;)

Seriously...it was probably that he was mistaken, and probably didn't get or read your e-mail in time to change his second article. Usually they run an article with corrections the next day.

850e and rdram

supposedly i850e while supporting 533fsb will not support rdram 1066 officially mainly due to intel not wanting to validate and test it all out. Kingston just announced a 40ns pc 800 rdram module...to go with the i850e

DaveBaumann said:
Even after doing so, Mike still decides to write the second piece which just serves to cause even greater confusion!
My take on this situation is taht Mike's trying hard to define a 2nd meaning of [to] vansmith [smth], as in take some information from Intel marketing or technical material and spin it as negative as possible ...

... or maybe he's just having a hard time without Intel doing some major screw-up every other day he can add a -gate suffix to ...

... or maybe he's just the same old Magee who's more interested in big headlines than thoroughly investigated facts ...

oh, wait, thoroughly ... Thoroughbred-gate comes to mind, but then again, that is an AMD screw-up, nothing Van or Mike would consider newsworthy.

Am I angree? No, I'm incurable! ;-)

Back