Why do people find Jessica Alba attractive?

Blade said:
It's not like she's the most attractive woman in the world, but come on. You don't find that attractive?
Aren't you risking a ban with that picture? Also, I specifically said for what non-sexual reason!!!

MUAH

I think it's very hard to answer a question like that. We don't know these actors. What else do we have to be attracted to besides their looks than what movies they've been in?

And acting talent obviously don't say anything about who a person is.

Thusly, all we have to go on is how attracted to them we are physically, which is completely sexual in nature.

In conclusion, Jessica Alba is ridiculously attractive. She's so hot.

Kanyamagufa said:
I think it's very hard to answer a question like that. We don't know these actors. What else do we have to be attracted to besides their looks than what movies they've been in?

And acting talent obviously don't say anything about who a person is.

Thusly, all we have to go on is how attracted to them we are physically, which is completely sexual in nature.

In conclusion, Jessica Alba is ridiculously attractive. She's so hot.
I'm asking to be enlightened on why people are shallow enough to like her...um..facial features.

Is it really so hard?

nintenho said:
Aren't you risking a ban with that picture? Also, I specifically said for what non-sexual reason!!!
I don't think there really is any non-sexual reason to be attracted to her, at least not from what she's put forward in her movies. I mean, I think she's hot, but also a horrible actress. As such, I'd take many less good-looking women over her for the majority of female movie roles. Because the combination of good acting and good looks can be much more attractive than just good looks alone. In the real world this obviously translates to a good personality and intelligence making any girl look much more attractive than just looks can provide.

(Though, admittedly, I loved her in Sin City)

Specifically, and this is just my conjecture without volumes on human evolution and psychology to back me up, I think Jessica Alba is physically attractive because she looks vulnerable. I think it would be fair to say that the male is attracted to her in a role as protector. She is so thin and frail that the male genes kick in and tell us we must protect her from all the harm the world may put in her way, just as we would protect a child.

Well, that may be the part she played in Sin City, but certainly not the part she played in Dark Angel or the Fantastic Four :)

Chalnoth said:
Well, that may be the part she played in Sin City, but certainly not the part she played in Dark Angel or the Fantastic Four :)
I'm just talking about her general appearance and not a particular role she may have played. She may be tough as nails in real life (I guess you have to be to survive Hollywood), but she would have no problem pulling a "puppy" and this is what I am referring to. On some primitive level (so deep down in the "brain" that it may in fact be below the waist :p) she looks vulnerable and weak, at the mercy of the elements and cruelty of this world. To make up for for this divergence from the norm, nature has "created" the other end of the spectrum/bell curve that has an intense need to protect the weak because they have "muscle" to spare. It is from this state of affairs that I speculate Miss Alba derives her power.

A real Tarzan would probably find her useless. Too weak to survive the jungle and just unnecessary luggage. Could she protect her own young while Tarzan "goes to the office" to hunt for food? She would make for a high maintenance mate and I believe Tarzan would get out of there quick and look for a stronger mate.

This is, of course, all stereotype and bias, but we do have certain biases built in to assist us in filtering and scanning our environment and other beings we may share that environment in. I'm sure most people have come across a "punk" who "looks" like he would slit a throat for a glass of beer...only to find out he doesn't drink alcohol and prefers to talk philosophy with people who can control their own tempers. That's what the punk look is all about, playing with preconceived notions about how people look and what that tells us about them and their abilities. It's the same reason why Viking longboats have serpent heads and wear horns. Looks may be deceiving, but they certainly help drill home a message very quickly.

wireframe said:
Specifically, and this is just my conjecture without volumes on human evolution and psychology to back me up, I think Jessica Alba is physically attractive because she looks vulnerable. I think it would be fair to say that the male is attracted to her in a role as protector. She is so thin and frail that the male genes kick in and tell us we must protect her from all the harm the world may put in her way, just as we would protect a child.

Definitely. We men are quite stupid animals sometimes...

EDIT: I read some psychological studies on this topic and you got it pretty much spot-on in your 2 posts above.

Last edited by a moderator:
wireframe said:
I'm just talking about her general appearance and not a particular role she may have played. She may be tough as nails in real life (I guess you have to be to survive Hollywood), but she would have no problem pulling a "puppy" and this is what I am referring to. On some primitive level (so deep down in the "brain" that it may in fact be below the waist :p) she looks vulnerable and weak, at the mercy of the elements and cruelty of this world. To make up for for this divergence from the norm, nature has "created" the other end of the spectrum/bell curve that has an intense need to protect the weak because they have "muscle" to spare. It is from this state of affairs that I speculate Miss Alba derives her power.

A real Tarzan would probably find her useless. Too weak to survive the jungle and just unnecessary luggage. Could she protect her own young while Tarzan "goes to the office" to hunt for food? She would make for a high maintenance mate and I believe Tarzan would get out of there quick and look for a stronger mate.

This is, of course, all stereotype and bias, but we do have certain biases built in to assist us in filtering and scanning our environment and other beings we may share that environment in. I'm sure most people have come across a "punk" who "looks" like he would slit a throat for a glass of beer...only to find out he doesn't drink alcohol and prefers to talk philosophy with people who can control their own tempers. That's what the punk look is all about, playing with preconceived notions about how people look and what that tells us about them and their abilities. It's the same reason why Viking longboats have serpent heads and wear horns. Looks may be deceiving, but they certainly help drill home a message very quickly.
So I'm just thinking about all of this with the wrong head?

Shes hot but at the same time, her face isnt super nice. The features are a bit soft and bland.

Scarlett Johannson, looks like typical NZ blonde whory pub chick. Bryce Dallas is better but still pretty so so. If you like those type of woman come to my country, they look so plain.

http://www.hottystop.com/carla-lazona.php Best I have seen yet imho.

Well you guys are crazy if you don't find her attractive.

delovscrec.jpg

Kate Beckinsale is also very attractive...

l_1727977.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back