PS2 game with the best graphics

Transformers

darkblu said:
it's not normal mapping. it's environmental/specular mapping with masking, but it does create very similar effect to normal mapping. otherwise yes, the game visuals are mind-boggling (esp having in mind the perceived capabilities of the platform).

doh, almost forgot to present my list too:

zoe2 (for being a freaking tribute to the paltform, playing on its best sides)
sc3 (for the technical expertise to get looks deemed beyond such lowly hw, at an almost constant 60fps)
gow (for the atmosphere and specal fx standing out big time, done without a glitch in the framerate)

more or less in that order.

Also transformers has good scene for amazon and always maximum view and no "fogging" and also can go anywhere, very amazing. Lighting also is nice.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/transformers_092303_12.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/transformers_092303_9.jpg
http://www.gamesecke-network.com/assets/images/db_images/db_transformers_11.jpg
http://www.gamesecke-network.com/assets/images/db_images/db_transformers_41.jpg
http://www.pelipaketti.net/kuvat/ps2_transformers/transformers_04.jpg

london-boy said:
Heh i've played it LOTS of times, and personally i wouldn't want him any longer to be honest. Or, maybe i should explain it better, for a game like ZOE, being short is not really a shortcoming, although it would be nice to have more levels and more things to do. It's not a game i can finish in one go so it's good for me.
I have no idea how many times i've finished it, but i've finished on every difficulty level exept EASY, and i think i've also finished ALL the special missions... Took me a long time too.

I agree with you completely. The actual time to finish one play through of a game is pretty irrelevant if you are happy to go back and play it again.

ZOE2 is even more enjoyable of 2nd or 3rd playthrough because you have mastered the game. I felt like this about Devil May Cry, too.

I really wish I could video capture ZOE2 in hacked VGA mode. The game looks so intense. Sometimes when you watch someone play it, it is more impressive because you can take it all in.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Ghost hunter has it also, its in a mine on the walls just before you get to prision. It looks x-box quality but the downside is that the ONLY place were i seen it :(
At the end of the game? I didn't see any bumb mapping.

pixelbox said:
At the end of the game? I didn't see any bumb mapping.

I dont remember were exactly has i had the game the day it released ( so its been a while )

But it definatly IS there in that section, i think it was were u had to control the mine carts round this thing or somthing like that. Sorry i cant give better clues as i havent had the game for ages and im just going on memory.

ihamoitc2005 said:
Also transformers has good scene for amazon and always maximum view and no "fogging" and also can go anywhere, very amazing. Lighting also is nice.

transformers_04.jpg
whoa, that looks pretty good considering.

Nesh said:
You mean it's bad looking?
It kind of hurt the eyes because there's so many polygons and yet no AA. I think it had a low resolution too.

How long were the load times in the retail version, the demo took like 30 seconds to load that amazon level.

nintenho said:
It kind of hurt the eyes because there's so many polygons and yet no AA. I think it had a low resolution too.

How long were the load times in the retail version, the demo took like 30 seconds to load that amazon level.
Well I dont mind much the loading times.But what about framrates?

Transformers

Nesh said:
Well I dont mind much the loading times.But what about framrates?

Developer says 60fps but I feel it is sometimes much less when there is too much actions. Control is always ok, sometimes good, sometimes ok, but never very bad so I dont think less than 30fps very much.

View is best. if you stand on top of the temple you can see everywhere you can go with hills, and river, and many trees and there is no fog. Amazing details. You can see everything and go everywhere. Also sun makes bright light. Much better than silly GTA games but GTA game also is different, it is streaming type so always loading but Transformers has full load before level but no load inside level. Main character has very good details but normal enemy is not so much. But Boss is always good.

Also, someone say it is not AA when I play it looks very AA. I dont know why there is this difference. Probably they play demo with no AA? I dont know.

ihamoitc2005 said:
Developer says 60fps but I feel it is sometimes much less when there is too much actions. Control is always ok, sometimes good, sometimes ok, but never very bad so I dont think less than 30fps very much.

View is best. if you stand on top of the temple you can see everywhere you can go with hills, and river, and many trees and there is no fog. Amazing details. You can see everything and go everywhere. Also sun makes bright light. Much better than silly GTA games but GTA game also is different, it is streaming type so always loading but Transformers has full load before level but no load inside level. Main character has very good details but normal enemy is not so much. But Boss is always good.

Also, someone say it is not AA when I play it looks very AA. I dont know why there is this difference. Probably they play demo with no AA? I dont know.
Yeah, it was the demo so they might have not put AA into it yet.

Back