2 new GOW Screenshots

Yeah I bet there's tons of awesome stuff in this game we haven't seen. From new guns Mark Rein hinted at to outdoor areas.

They're smart not to hype it too much too early. I think GRAW has almost hyped too much lately. Then again it's three weeks from release and every 360 owner will buy it anyway so cant hurt.

Serenity Painted Death said:
You should rewatch the Killzone video then. This isn't close (but you couldn't expect it to be either).
To tell the truth looking better than Killzone was an exaggeration.But in terms of visual detail it looks pretty close to me.

What made the Killzone E3 target video stand out was the AI, flow and physics.i dont think we would have been as much impressed if these were just like every other fps seen to date( and its mostly these that made us doubt that its achievable) .

I have the video on DVD and on my PC, both Direct feed high quality footage.

But this game in terms of visual/still imagery detail looks almost as good to me.

Especially here
0000000096-L-f150676.jpg

Also for me GoW isnt exactly a second gen X360 title.So whats so spectacular about it is the fact that we see this quality so soon.

I can only imagine what will be achievable on X360 in its third generation lifespan

Last edited by a moderator:
Belmontvedere said:
I thought the Killzone stuff was confirmed to be pre-rendered? IMO that wasn't realtime....
Didnt say it was real time.I am refering only to what it was supposed to represent

Nesh said:

What made the Killzone E3 target video stand out was......

Nesh said:
What made the Killzone E3 target video stand out was the AI, flow and physics.i dont think we would have been as much impressed if these were just like every other fps seen to date( and its mostly these that made us doubt that its achievable) .

Wouldn't that be Cells strong point?

And about that pic, it's not gameplay! :p
I mean.. The gameplay in that vid doesn't look the same.
Nevermind..

weaksauce said:

Nevermind..

in engine cutscenes are seamlessly interspersed in that vid... the quality of the visuals never change throughout...

blakjedi said:
in engine cutscenes are seamlessly interspersed in that vid... the quality of the visuals never change throughout...

Main difference is that cutscenes usually show more believable animation like hand gestures, body movement and so on which you just don't see when the controls are handed back to the gamer.

blakjedi said:

Well I noticed the cutscenes had better framerate and textures. And I don't think I've seen lightning like that in the gameplay.

But maybe they've fixed it a bit now..

weaksauce said:

Yeah it would.But if it is enough powerful to achieve that level is still questionable until we see it with our own eyes right?

But then again thats a bit irrelevant since I was refvering to graphical detail in still imagery, not physics, animation or AI.

Nevermind..
Well thats why I said "especially" in that pic.The other pics although from gameplay and slightly downgraded the graphical quality is still top notch.

Nesh said:
Yeah it would.But if it is enough powerful to achieve that level is still questionable until we see it with our own eyes right?

But then again thats a bit irrelevant since I was refvering to graphical detail in still imagery, not physics, animation or AI.

Well thats why I said "especially" in that pic.The other pics although from gameplay and slightly downgraded the graphical quality is still top notch.

You guys are crazy. The graphics are the same between the cutscenes and real-time gameplay. Ask scooby or expletive it was one of them that had like 20 screenshot examples.

mckmas8808 said:
You guys are crazy. The graphics are the same between the cutscenes and real-time gameplay. Ask scooby or expletive it was one of them that had like 20 screenshot examples.

I think we'll have a similar discussion later with killzone. :)

The problem is that camera/light/shadows etc... are completely manadatory to get a good image whatever is the tech you utilize (even with in real life).

I question myself if we will ever see a big advancement in gameplay gfx over the best of corrent gen in many cases like 3º person shooters.

mckmas8808 said:
even better then ;)

Why would anyone try to rip apart these visuals???? Some people just can't make positive words come out of their mouths.

This game looks great. I'm really looking forward to move outdoors/open scenery shots.

Back