Brits - Most Boring, French - Most Rude, Americans - Most Ignorant

Americans on average are ignorant. Not stupid mind you but damn sure ignorant. :) Its what happens when you control 3000X1500 miles of contiguous land and have no natural predators.... ;)

blakjedi said:
Americans on average are ignorant. Not stupid mind you but damn sure ignorant. Its what happens when you control 3000X1500 miles of contiguous land and have no natural predators....

That's not true. We keep a close eye on those Mexicans and Canucks.

The word ignorant is conditional. Ignorant of geography and other countries? Yep. The larger and more powerful your nation, the less you need be concerned with the rest of the world.

I personally don't know who the governor of Oregon is, and it's right next to me. It's completely irrelevent. China's premier? Yes. Lichtenstein's? A piss-ant.

actually...
brits are not boring,britain is
americans are not ignorant, they are just extremely care free
french are not rude....welll who am i kidding, they sure are rude;)

Brits boring? All the brits I know are anything else but boring. Actually, the best humor and the best music always came from the UK.

As for Americans, it's the awful education system there and the über-christianity causing that opinion. Most of the Americans I know are neither ignorant nor stupid, but they simply don't care about most things outside their scope of interest and are in no way open for any other opinions but their own.

But it's not like it's much better here in Euroland. You would wonder how many people around here can't find, say, Indonesia on the map. I even met some engineers who didn't know where north or south is, dammit! :LOL:

I think we need to stick Rys in a cage and tour him around the world, to prove that Brits aren't boring at all. :p

DemoCoder said:
The word ignorant is conditional. Ignorant of geography and other countries? Yep. The larger and more powerful your nation, the less you need be concerned with the rest of the world.

I personally don't know who the governor of Oregon is, and it's right next to me. It's completely irrelevent. China's premier? Yes. Lichtenstein's? A piss-ant.

I'm glad someone from the USA can see it, because I've tried pointing it out a few times and gotten a hostile reaction. It's not meant in a demeaning way but yes, on the whole the citizens of the USA appear to be ignorant of geography and life outside the USA. The stats on the number of people from the USA who have never left their own country is staggering. I know its essentially about 5 nations in one, but still, its a very big world!

Hanners said:
Rys and MuFu then! We can breed them, and create a race of MuRys... :cool:
And the discipline of RysFu. How many societal "cages" must be broken with fists of mischief to achieve black belt status?

And :LOL: to the rest of the responses.

Back