Zelda Twilight Princess slips to November, and that's the soonest it will arrive?

Looks like I explained myself poorly.

This title was supposed to come for christmas 05, moved to March, and now maybe November, if that's not to (re)make it a Revolution Title, I find that lame.
Having it released close to Rev's launch and having "Wand" (or whatever the new controller name) compatibility will just be an excuse to me.
(sorry for the delay, but look we did something cool to be forgiven...)

Ingenu said:
Looks like I explained myself poorly.

This title was supposed to come for christmas 05, moved to March, and now maybe November, if that's not to (re)make it a Revolution Title, I find that lame.
Having it released close to Rev's launch and having "Wand" (or whatever the new controller name) compatibility will just be an excuse to me.
(sorry for the delay, but look we did something cool to be forgiven...)

Look at how long it took to rework the assets in Eternal Darkness to bring it up to Gamecube speed (and it still was a poor-looking title). Adding in an entirely new control scheme, debugging, balancing, and playtesting (which would involve making sure there are no flaws with the BC on Rev) could easily take as long as this is taking. Besides, it may very well be that they'll be done in May, but want to release for Xmas to make it more forceful.

Not that I'm not going to cancel my preorder, since I'm moving away from here by then.

fearsomepirate said:
Not that I'm not going to cancel my preorder, since I'm moving away from here by then.

I'll wait for the reviews before choosing whether to buy it, and I'm still interested in that title despite the delays.
It's just making me unhappy to see it coming close to the Revolution launch and not becoming a Revolution title (it would look much better and play with the wand, and most likely would push Revolution sells too !)

Anyway for now the release date is yet April.

Ingenu said:
I'll wait for the reviews before choosing whether to buy it, and I'm still interested in that title despite the delays.
It's just making me unhappy to see it coming close to the Revolution launch and not becoming a Revolution title (it would look much better and play with the wand, and most likely would push Revolution sells too !)

Anyway for now the release date is yet April.

Maybe they're developing 2 versions. The GCN version should be almost ready except for some minor stuff, they could choose to update the gfxs and artwork and release both version in November.

I've read that the delay is also due to the game being much bigger and having more content added than was originally planned.

I am almost convinced we won't see it before fall. it just seems like everything that can be taken seriously is pointing in that direction.

fearsomepirate said:
Assuming Revolution is even reasonably powerful (and no, not "Xbox 360 at 480p," I basically mean a DX9-like feature set), it would be silly to release this as a Revo-only title unless they're reworking the assets and the graphics engine. Otherwise, it'll win the award for worst-looking Revo launch title instead of best-looking Gamecube game. Adding in Revo controls makes sense, not releasing it on the Gamecube doesn't.

Zelda does look better than some of the Xbox 360 games that were ports from other systems.

BTW, if it's like the Zelda gameboy games, and Shanetae, that had features for neweer systems (usually GBA), then it'll likely jjust have an extra dungeon or something with slightly better grpahical effects on Revolution.

Megadrive1988 said:
apparently, Reggie Fils-Aime was on Game Head on SpikeTV, and said Zelda TP is coming out Fall 2006. can anyone confirm this ?

Unfortunately seems true.
Some websites confirmed it.
Z:TP is confirmed for NGC... (too bad I would have prefered it moved to Rev, as I said earlier)

Move it to Revolution without any visual upgrades (to make the 2006 release date) and it'll get negative press. Delay it to upgrade the overall presentation for Revolution owners and it'll get negative press.

Release it as a GameCube title and you'll be servicing the 15-20 million people that own a GCN worldwide, while also having a Grade-A title for new Revolution owners to pick up at launch if they'd like.

Me? My brother and I are throwing around the idea of selling the GameCube a few months before the Revolution comes out if Zelda hits around the same date. Otherwise I'm holding on to my 'Cube. Gotta love backwards compatibility.

Blade said:
Move it to Revolution without any visual upgrades (to make the 2006 release date) and it'll get negative press. Delay it to upgrade the overall presentation for Revolution owners and it'll get negative press.

Release it as a GameCube title and you'll be servicing the 15-20 million people that own a GCN worldwide, while also having a Grade-A title for new Revolution owners to pick up at launch if they'd like.

They should make two versions, a normal GCN version and a Rev version with enhanced gfx and controlls. This way everybody would be happy.

dukmahsik said:
geez might as well release it for revolution, it's a waste on GC

and piss off millions of loyal Gamecube users? no way.

ignore the 20+ million Gamecube userbase and miss out on sales while pushing Zelda on Revolution which has an install base of 0? no way.

Fox5 said:
Zelda does look better than some of the Xbox 360 games that were ports from other systems.

And those games had reviewers and fans outraged. Seriously, I think we can leave aside arguments about DOA4's graphics engine and all agree that Gun in 720p isn't "next-gen."

Back