Americans are weird

"Mellow natives"? WTF does that mean? Makes us sound like we still live in huts made of straw! lol

Andy said:
"Mellow natives"? WTF does that mean? Makes us sound like we still live in huts made of straw! lol

Hey! They still think we Canadians live in igloos and are "polite".

:LOL:

I STILL remember being in the US when I was about 16 (16 years ago now!), and had a conversation that went like this:

US woman: So where are you from?
ME: New Zealand
US woman: Oh, you speak english very well!

But then again, I had a couple of work mates convinced we gave sheep the vote in 1971 while working in the NHS ;)

Ali

Andy said:

I thought you did! :devilish:

It's ok I drive an Earth Destroyer 5000, it takes 10 Dinosaurs to the mile. ;)

Ali said:
US woman: So where are you from?
ME: New Zealand
US woman: Oh, you speak english very well!

yeah I had some interesting reactions too. I didn't mind when people thought NZ was part of australia, thats fine (although I obviously correct them ;)

however, this happened to a friend of mine who was there at the same time:

person: where are you from?
him: new zealand
person: ohh, europe, nice.
him: no, new zealand, near australia
person: ?
him: in the south pacific
person: yes, europe?

also,

me: I'm from new zealand
person: you don't sound like you're from texas

argh!

person: were you in lord or the rings?

ARGH!##

woohoo:

person: I can make anzac biscuits!
me: horrar!

I was most amazed in singapore how much the locals knew of new zealand's political situation, etc. most of the americans I met generally knew absolutly nothing, heck even of england etc. etc.
That said I met a few people in the states who were really really awesome people, who clearly had travelled a lot, were very knowlegeable, etc, Very nice people. Funny that more than half of them were planning to leave the US in the next year or so.
The native amerians I met were very cool people.

Anyway reguarding the original post:

What the heck, 'The mall wasn't the same as in san deigo, it was different'....!>?!?

you don't go to another country to visit a mall!!! argh!

*sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back