Activision readying one Revolution, three PS3 launch titles

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143759.html
In its 2007 fiscal year, which runs from April 2006 to March 2007, Activision will "remain committed to maintaining a leadership position on next-generation platforms," said Activision publishing president and CEO Michael Griffith. Griffith said that, during those 12 months, his company plans to release five PSP titles and four Xbox 360 titles--one of which will be the just-announced multiplatform X-Men: The Official Movie Game (working title). More importantly, he revealed that Activision is planning to ship three PlayStation 3 launch titles and one Revolution launch title during that period. The revelation is further confirmation that both consoles will almost certainly launch by year's end, most likely in November.

My guesses -

PS3: Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk, Spider-Man 3 (if not, ports from X360)
N5: Tony Hawk

Good news on the confirmed N5 title, because the list of announced (or even rumoured) games for it is worryingly miniscule.

There's an interview on TXB where the IW guy says MS approached them about making an 'exclusive launch title' for 360 and they were very excited. I assumed from the word exclusive they had a deal going.

scooby_dooby said:
You think MS would give up COD? I dunno...COD3 is gonna be somethin else.

I think they're probably referring to the Treyarch version of the series (console only). Infinity Ward's next installment probably wont see the light of day until well into '07, if that. But by then that'll likely be multi-platform as well one would think.

Yeah, Treyarchs making a PS3/X360 version along with Spider-Man 3, I don't see them having "Call of Duty:BRO2" (or whatever) on PS3 but CoD3 on X360 only, it makes little to no sense.

Could be though, I guess.

Activision's next-gen titles are in the bag for the PlayStation 3.

Among the ranks of these announcements is Activision. Yes, Activision is recruiting developers to work on their two next-gen titles: a new Spider-Man and a new Call of Duty, both for the Playstation 3. No other details were given, but assuredly the new Spider-Man will have something to do with the ever so anticipated Spider-Man 3 coming to theaters sometime.

http://www.gameshout.com/news/012006/article2965.htm

From a week or so ago. Take it as you will.

Yeah I remember reading about that, So that leaves what? Tony hawk?
If so I hope it gets a better jump from previous gen than the 360 version did. /me hides

barnak said:
Activision's next-gen titles are in the bag for the PlayStation 3.

Among the ranks of these announcements is Activision. Yes, Activision is recruiting developers to work on their two next-gen titles: a new Spider-Man and a new Call of Duty, both for the Playstation 3. No other details were given, but assuredly the new Spider-Man will have something to do with the ever so anticipated Spider-Man 3 coming to theaters sometime.

http://www.gameshout.com/news/012006/article2965.htm

From a week or so ago. Take it as you will.
New CoD won't be out until 2007,so it won't be one of the ps3 launch games.

It's not some kind of mystery anyway,whatever titles activision will have for Q4 2006 for ps2/xbox/xbox360 will also be on the ps3.

Cross out Spiderman 3 too. The movie isn't being released till spring 2007 (i think in May). I don't think they would release a movie based game 1-2 Quarters ahead of the movie release.

Yay for more uninspired, rushed shovelware ports.

Though I suppose getting CoD2 would be nice. After the success it has had on 360 they're probably wanting to get it to as many gamers as they can.

Nicked said:
My guesses -

PS3: Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk, Spider-Man 3 (if not, ports from X360)
N5: Tony Hawk

Good news on the confirmed N5 title, because the list of announced (or even rumoured) games for it is worryingly miniscule.

Actually, Revolution has received a lot of positive reactions from a plenthora of development studios. Judging from that, there might be a lot of titles in the works (IMO, there must be).

The reason why so few titles have been announced/rumored is because of Nintendo's information stop. If Nintendo themselves have given only a few hints on Revolution game titles, where does that place third party developers?

I would only start worrying if Nintendo turned out to be a major dissappointment at E3, right now there aren't too much clues.

Although I expect this Revolution title to be a Tony Hawk's game, I hope for something more original, or at least a fresh take on the franchise.

PlayStation 3 might get Call of Duty, Quake, Gun, True Crime and/or X-Men (3rd movie is coming this year), a new incarnation of Soldier of Fortune or perhaps even a totally new franchise.

Although I expect this Revolution title to be a Tony Hawk's game, I hope for something more original, or at least a fresh take on the franchise.

Using the DPD to control a skater seems pretty cool.

Back