New Next Gen Sonic screen shot's.

This is not the actual game. This was an engine demo that was showed off last year, and not meant for the public to see.... place holder textures and things.... But still gives you an idea what to expect I guess...

These screens look better than what i was expecting, considering the look of the low quality vid i seen of the PS3 version being played.

Hardknock said:
This is not the actual game. This was an engine demo that was showed off last year, and not meant for the public to see.... place holder textures and things.... But still gives you an idea what to expect I guess...

I don't think you clicked on the link to all the thumbnails, but the last 17 screens on that page are from the actual game.

Stillmatic said:
I don't think you clicked on the link to all the thumbnails, but the last 17 screens on that page are from the actual game.

yeah I clicked the link... I was merely repeating what a mod on GAF said. Sega contacted everyone and had them taken down because they're not from the actual game...

That looks more like a low-end PC game then next-gen. No wonder they were taken down. Strangely though, I remember the videos looking a lot better then that. I guess the low-res tricks the eye, causing your brain to fill in details that arn't there.

Hardknock said:
yeah I clicked the link... I was merely repeating what a mod on GAF said. Sega contacted everyone and had them taken down because they're not from the actual game...

ClickCity

we also have an astonishing five minutes of high quality, realtime, in-game footage, demonstrated and commentated (in Japanese) by Sonic Team boss, Yuji Naka.

The 17 screens i was refering to that were on that page linked by !eVo!-X Ant UK, were taken from the game Naka was playing at TGS, the game was Sonic PS3, one of the very few PS3 games that we've seen playable.

The live demo is in the link i posted.

Stillmatic said:
ClickCity

The 17 screens i was refering to that were on that page linked by !eVo!-X Ant UK, were taken from the game Naka was playing at TGS, the game was Sonic PS3, one of the very few PS3 games that we've seen playable.

You just proved me correct. In your link:

The realtime game demonstration - designed to show off the impressive engine behind the next-gen version of the franchise - looks pretty stunning. In this video you can get a great idea of what to expect from by far Sega's most vital current project in these videos. Get downloading.

You should bear in mind that the gameplay you see in the video is intended primarily to show off the game's impressive engine and give an idea of some of the basic game features that have been implemented so far. It is more a technical demonstration that a complete level or something similar, so you should not assume that the final game will be as linear as what you see here. But as far as tasters go - isn't this a juicy one?

This was NOT a level from an actual Sonic game. Sega did not want these to be shown. And I don't know where you got this was running on a PS3 from, because nobody knows this information to my knowledge. Do you have a link?

Hardknock said:
Stillmatic
ClickCity

You just proved me correct. In your link:

The realtime game demonstration - designed to show off the impressive engine behind the next-gen version of the franchise - looks pretty stunning. In this video you can get a great idea of what to expect from by far Sega's most vital current project in these videos. Get downloading.

You should bear in mind that the gameplay you see in the video is intended primarily to show off the game's impressive engine and give an idea of some of the basic game features that have been implemented so far. It is more a technical demonstration that a complete level or something similar, so you should not assume that the final game will be as linear as what you see here. But as far as tasters go - isn't this a juicy one?

This was NOT a level from an actual Sonic game. Sega did not want these to be shown. And I don't know where you got this was running on a PS3 from, because nobody knows this information to my knowledge. Do you have a link?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicthehedgehog/news.html?sid=6133768

While the demo featured a level being developed for the game, Naka cautioned that there might be changes in the final version.

The Sonic the Hedgehog demo definitely impressed the audience with a glimpse of how next-generation consoles will change games. However, Naka curiously did not mention whether the dev kit he was running the demo on was for the PS3 or the Xbox 360. Keen-eyed observers in the audience caught a telltale clue, though--the Sonic Team staffer performing the demo was holding a PlayStation 2 Dual Shock 2 controller.

And there was actually a video floating around a while back (i think 'One' posted it) where you could see him controlling the demo with the DS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stillmatic said:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicthehedgehog/news.html?sid=6133768

And there was actually a video floating around a while back (i think 'One' posted it) where you could see him controlling the demo with the DS2.

Hmmm, I think gamespot merely has it wrong, because Sega specifically contacted GAF and other forums and websites that were hosting these pics and told them these are not from the actual game and were not meant to be shown. So I don't think we can really argue with that...

As for the controller, that would be great if someone could supply a link to the video, because other people said it was controlled by an X360 controller... Differing stories...

thekey said:
Is death or alive 4 supposed to be next gen even? Those graphics are quite unimpressive. Yet so many people play it.

Umm.. DOA4 looks fine to me and it plays even better!

Back