Motorstorm (PS3)

Titanio said:
A video should start playing in the middle of the page. Initially there's an intro for the website itself, which goes on for a little while, and then the Motorstorm vid should come up. But you can skip the intro by clicking 'Passer l'intro' on the vid.
Ah I got it, didnt work with firefox, worked fine with IE.

That video makes it look tons better, closer to target. Looks incredibly fun :D
edit: seems like they are focusing on the desert, ah well, maybe we will get snow and beaches in a sequel? lol

Bad_Boy said:
edit: seems like they are focusing on the desert, ah well, maybe we will get snow and beaches in a sequel? lol

Or with..microtransactions! That's how they'll get you ;)

I think one of the previews mentions there'll be 12 tracks in the final game, I'm sure there'll be some variety.

Titanio said:
Or with..microtransactions! That's how they'll get you ;)

I think one of the previews mentions there'll be 12 tracks in the final game, I'm sure there'll be some variety.
True, good point. I think i would pay a couple dollars just for a new level if it were long enough, maybe not for another vehicle but for a level I dont think I would have a problem with it--especially if it was an orginal concept level such as snow/ice or beach/water.

Seeing the guy do donuts in the buggy at the end, the game definately needs some more mud splashing. And some more pieces/particles flying off in those big crash moments.

Looks really fun though.

edit: he did mention that in the final game there will be way more cars and way more "damage components", very nice to hear.
I take back what I said about the clouds earlier, the skys look fine, especially with the HDR coming out of the canyons/shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allthis uncertainty is bad for our mental health. Offline renders should be banned from computer games from this gen on!

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Each car has 140 different parts that fall of according to the dev, and they all interact with not only other cars but they interact with the envviroment. Also said the quality of the graphics will increse also. So its looking sweet
Yeah very good news, seems the gyro controller will be put to use in motorstorm with taunting and road rage also. :)

crash.gif

I love the crash in Motorstorm. I don't want to be the motorcycle's pilot. Ouch!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'Game' is 50% done, the graphics engine is probably 95-100%. I have no idea where the AI engine or the Collision detect engines(or the online code, particle system, lighting engine, ect...) are at this point....looks like the AI and CD are turned on.

They are probably building tracks and trying to determine the amount of 'detail' they can add before the engine chokes, hence the "50%" quote.

EricVonZipper said:
The 'Game' is 50% done, the graphics engine is probably 95-100%. I have no idea where the AI engine or the Collision detect engines(or the online code, particle system, lighting engine, ect...) are at this point....looks like the AI and CD are turned on.

They are probably building tracks and trying to determine the amount of 'detail' they can add before the engine chokes, hence the "50%" quote.

He did mension in one the video's above that the graphics will improve thuther before release.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
He did mension in one the video's above that the graphics will improve thuther before release.

I think the graphics are fine. Well done, but I wouldn't expect much off a increase in detail......online play may bring the GFX engine to it's knees and require losing some detail.

But it looks fun!

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah very good news, seems the gyro controller will be put to use in motorstorm with taunting and road rage also. :)

And at the expensive of feeling bumps on the road. Gee what a brilliant decision.

Graphics of the vehicles look fairy good but the surroundings are very low poly.

Back