Motorstorm (PS3)

I'll say it again, it looks different because it looks like these screens are not from the same track as the E3 trailer, it looks like different couse altogether. There's a lack of tree's and little shrubs in the new screen's aswel as other things missing..

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
I'll say it again, it looks different because it looks like these screens are not from the same track as the E3 trailer, it looks like different couse altogether. There's a lack of tree's and little shrubs in the new screen's aswel as other things missing..

It looks different because the E3 trailer was pre-rendered, and this is an actual game. Stop making excuses.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
How is it an excuse??? It clearly looks like a different location altogether.

It could be set on the moon for all I care, it should still have the same level of graphical quality, and it doesn't even come close.

it looks different because it looks inférior the the CG render shown at E3 2005, but that was expected. Anyway I think it still looks good, can"t wait to see it in motion.

Latest update from XBD

http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?p=1089046#post1089046

Yes the game *is* playable by the media today - and I actually got a ten minute interview with one of the developers. I'll be distilling the footage into something useful in terms of info for the article I put up on it, and while we're at it, I was able to interview two of Insomniac's devs for five minutes each as well.

Luckily all my questions are all technical all the time.

PS - I saw the game played for ten minutes and then played it myself. I have a lot of good things to say about it in terms of the physics and other effects in play. The mud ruts stay throughout the entire race, all vehicles leave them, they effect traction on the track, and each vehicle is fully destructible with physics determining how the in-engine 'break-up' tosses the pieces around.

I'll expand more on it in my article.

Damnit he needs to get that video and interview out ASAP.:devilish:

From that website.

Some guy named Frosty said:
I got ya' covered. DVD quality Motorstorm coming tonight!
smilehappy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever chose that level of motion blur should have their eyes taped open, strapped to a chair, and forced to read the license plates on the vehicles at gun point :devilish:

Um, I don't think it's all a result of the motion blur or a lack of skill on XB's part--photos of televisions with a lot of motion in the pic generally come out looking like crap. I think it'll look a hell of a lot better in video.

EDIT: 30fps probably doesn't help either with the TV photo issue.

Acert93 said:
Whoever chose that level of motion blur should have their eyes taped open, strapped to a chair, and forced to read the license plates on the vehicles at gun point :devilish:

Seeing it in motion probably doesn't make it look so bad.

5113.jpg

another shot i found. not sure if thats the demo or a video of last years video?
too small to see anything in the shot, cant make out any details.

I agree I think it's photography related. A shutter speed of less 1/60th second (if that's the framerate) is going to capture multiple frames. It looks like moblur because the dune buggy, player car, isn't being blurred so much, but as that's central to the view, movement is less. I can imagine 1/15th second shutter speed would look like that. That said, a quick test shows ISO 400 on my monitor at f=1:4 is 1/125th of a second. A digicam should manage as well as that.

lol I was just checking out that warhawk pic too and was thinking "nice water". Of course not as nice as the two blonde booth babes...

Back