Denied! (E3)

Wow they must really be cracking down. I just got a letter saying that I've been denied from attending E3 this year!

I'm definitely going so no worries. I'm resending my materials now. :D

seismologist said:
Wow they must really be cracking down. I just got a letter saying that I've been denied from attending E3 this year!

I'm definitely going so no worries. I'm resending my materials now. :D

That's what you get for harrassing the booth babes. ;)

Shifty Geezer said:
I thought E3 was a consumer event open to the public? Apart from the first day or two.

Nah, it's completely industry-only.

And yes, I hear they're cracking down a little on who they admit this year.

Nope, E3 is completely closed to the public. Most people have been able to get in by working at retail stores like Best Buy or running some little cheap fansite, looks like they are cutting down on that now.

Shifty Geezer said:
I thought E3 was a consumer event open to the public? Apart from the first day or two.

With all the stuff that happens there, you'd think that. But it's supposed to be a press/retail event (and where game projects get hocked -- some of those parties are a good place to meet people and get jobs... I know a few people who did it that way). It has previously been extremely easy to get in though.

Gamespy webmasters were invited to attend as well. I mean, people hosted on PlanetPS2 and such. So if you run a big site, chances are you'll get access.

Okay, industry and media. And because of the plentiful media I thought it was public.

Which begs the question, what public gaming events are there? TGS. The Euro one flunked out I think.

Shifty Geezer said:
Okay, industry and media. And because of the plentiful media I thought it was public.

Which begs the question, what public gaming events are there? TGS. The Euro one flunked out I think.

I think TGS is the only (BIG/general) gaming event open to the public after day one. And even then I read an article that conference managment want to close its doors to the public. Mind you, it was just pure speculation.

It doesn't surpirse me that they are cracking down. I watched a bit of the last E3 on G4and it sure didn't appear to be an industry event with all the ****** kiddies running around. It looked like the majority of the people weren't part of the industry at all.

sir doris said:
Why would anyone want to go now they've banned the booth babes? ;)

Because, much like the gratuitous use of breasts in Itagaki's games, they are rather unnecessary in the gaming world (especially for a show for the industry/media). If you want to see chicks that don't care about you there are plenty of more appropriate places (for example: the internet, or a strip club!). I know it was sarcasm, but I'm bored at work!

last year was the same as the year before. my friends husband works for sony advertising and for the past few years he only attends 1 day and then we get all his badges and walk in. they rarely check for ID

This year you may find that E3 isn't rally all that crowed as all the kids are gone. Lookin gover footage of old I bet at least 60% of the people there aren't in the media or from some company at all.

Back