Playstation Live ...No Try Playstation Life

Kb-Smoker

Regular
From the new psm:

http://www.psmonline.com/

Pretty big article, here are the main parts.
"President of Sony has made it clear that his company has an amibitious new online strategy."

"Cast aside any doubts and start gazing toward skyward, because thats where Sony is aiming with plans that go far beyond simple leaderboards and matchmaking."

"Sony has just delivered the final development hardware to U.S. game developers. We can confirm that developers have already begun meetings with Sony's support teams to make sure their games are compatible with the yet unnamed Online Service."

"Its very real, one source tells us. They (Sony) are dead serious about it. They've declared a full on assault on the latest version of Xbox Live!"

"The online service is being designed to also work with the PSP and its games. Think one, BIG Playstation network!"

Last edited by a moderator:
this sounds cool,but i can't find the article on the website.

the picture of the latest issue is november 05? what gives?

mrdarko said:
this sounds cool,but i can't find the article on the website.

the picture of the latest issue is november 05? what gives?
Its in the that mag, and i dont think you can't post scans here. :?:

RavenFox said:
Thank God. One Big network. Bring it on Sony. Competition is all good.

It's difficult to infer characteristics of their offering just from these comments.

We'll see what happens.

PlayStation Live... err Life!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/lilstunna24/Ps2.jpg

Here are some quotes:

PlayStation 3 said:
"President of Sony has made it clear that his company has an amibitious new online strategy."

"Cast aside any doubts and start gazing toward skyward, because thats where Sony is aiming with plans that go far beyond simple leaderboards and matchmaking."

"Sony has just delivered the final development hardware to U.S. game developers. We can confirm that developers have already begun meetings with Sony's support teams to make sure their games are compatible with the yet unnamed Online Service."

"Its very real, one source tells us. They (Sony) are dead serious about it. They've declared a full on assault on the latest version of Xbox Live!"

"The online service is being designed to also work with the PSP and its games. Think one, BIG Playstation network!"

What do you guys think about it?

Sounds great. Theres a bunch of series that will probably stay with the Playstation that I want to see Online. Also some first party titles.

Hasn't PSM been debunked enough times that people would learn that it's complete rubbish?

Why do people still act as if this magazine has any credibility at all?

scooby_dooby said:
Hasn't PSM been debunked enough times that people would learn that it's complete rubbish?

The rumour section or the magazine as a whole?

It's a magazine pretty much like any other scooby, except they do run a lot of rumours (but then I guess it's hard not to at the moment with PS3). That said, they have come through on some of them (their MGS4 description from some time ago turned out to be quite accurate, for example). Do you have any particular rumours in mind that turned out to be false (I'm sure there are some, but I guess you have them more readily at the top of your head)?

Anyway, like I said earlier, this report seems pretty damn vague. I don't see much to take issue with because there really isn't much there.

edit - Killzone at 5fps is probably the "big" rumour of theirs that i can think of that didn't turn out to be true. although in fairness to them, so many people were saying so many different things about that video at the time, i wouldn't be surprised if someone did actually tell them that and they simply reported it as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual "articles" are to be believed. They do have a large rumor section that is labeled as a rumor section. This is possibly were most of the "debunked" items come from, one being the "Killzone 2 Demo is running at 5fps but was sped up" rumor.

scooby_dooby said:

Why do people still act as if this magazine has any credibility at all?
Wha? Just be glad we have info on online structure and where there heading at least.
Take it easy the 360 will still be around.

Whether this is credible or not is simply beyond me, but I do know one thing: Sony wont let MS sit around with the online crown unchallenged forever. Chances are that they'll do something about their online service next gen, so some extent.

Titanio said:
edit - Killzone at 5fps is probably the "big" rumour of theirs that i can think of that didn't turn out to be true. although in fairness to them, so many people were saying so many different things about that video at the time, i wouldn't be surprised if someone did actually tell them that and they simply reported it as is.

NO it was not under the rumor section.

BlueTsunami said:
The actual "articles" are to be believed. They do have a large rumor section that is labeled as a rumor section. This is possibly were most of the "debunked" items come from, one being the "Killzone 2 Demo is running at 5fps but was sped up" rumor.

This is incorrect. It was clearly stated in the actual preview of the game underneath one of the screenshots no less.

Back