You know you have Dscaler set up right when...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
....your CPU useage is consistantly above 95% when it's the only app running! :LOL:

I just got my picture as close to perfect as I've ever seen it fiddling around during "Grey's Anatomy" and laughed out loud when I saw the load it pulled.

It don't bother me, I want the best image possible and I pretty much only use Dscaler when I'm watching something....I just found it funny. :)

radeonic2 said:
system specs?
3000+ Venice @ 2.43Ghz, TT Venus 12, K8NS Ultra-939, OCZ EL platinum rev 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200, 256MB Radeon X800 TT (520/560), Audigy2, Altec-Lansing ADA885, TV, DVDR, 80GB, 200GB, 200GB

digitalwanderer said:
3000+ Venice @ 2.43Ghz, TT Venus 12, K8NS Ultra-939, OCZ EL platinum rev 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200, 256MB Radeon X800 TT (520/560), Audigy2, Altec-Lansing ADA885, TV, DVDR, 80GB, 200GB, 200GB
So what are you outputting to and what res :D

radeonic2 said:
Oh.. figured you were outputting to your hdtv :oops:
So what are using dscaler to do?
Just watch TV on my PC. I love my HDTV and all, but I can't hide from the kids and watch it.

My lil TV on my PC however I can, and it just looks sooo much better to me than any conventional TV. :)

Why do you need dscaler in the first place? You can set the res and scaling within the TV app AFAIK?

digitalwanderer said:
Dscaler is my TV app.

Oops! Stupid me. But then why don't you use something else that doesn't need that much CPU time? There are many, many slick TV-apps out there.

Google for MoreTV and FreeTV. FreeTV also has a nice Nagravision etc. decoder built-in.

I can't open this page here (proxy), but there could be a link there:
http://www.volny.cz/aberka/czech/satrev.html

EDIT: there is also some internet-TV shite called FreeTV, that's not the app I mean so be sure to search for the right thing

Back