Who is this Atlus guy commenting on ps3?

barnak

Newcomer
Atlus: "the Ps3 Is A Rip-off For Gamers", Don't bother with it if you are a gamer

"The Playstation 3 is a very powerful machine that will be great for consumers wanting a high-tech and high definition driven machine, with many capabilities. The system is very complicated for developing games, so it might take a while for developers to get used to the system. I would recommend the Playstation 3 for consumers that are very interested in different types of multimedia. For consumers that are buying it only for the games, you will feel somewhat ripped off. There isn't really that much of a difference between the system and the previous one, except the graphics will be better and you there won't be multiple disks for some games. I can also see around only 20-30 games per year for it. For those consumers, I would highly recommend the Microsoft Xbox 360, and the upcoming Nintendo [codename] Revolution."

stolen from another forum who said they got it from Edge? Anyone know who this guy is?

If that's real then I'm George Bush Sr.

[edit]And it's not Atlas, it's Atlus, one of the most important localizers for JRPG/SRPG fans like myself.

PeterT said:
If that's real then I'm George Bush Sr.

[edit]And it's not Atlas, it's Atlus, one of the most important localizers for JRPG/SRPG fans like myself.

Yeah that's why I don't get it. They made many many PS2 RPG/SRPG's. Doesn't sound like the smartest comment. Disgaea was great though.

Ben-Nice said:
Yeah that's why I don't get it. They made many many PS2 RPG/SRPG's. Doesn't sound like the smartest comment. Disgaea was great though.

Atlus didn't make anything. They publish Japanese games (or other territory games) elsewhere.

They don't matter so much, and if they want to support X360 they can, but I think they'll
have trouble finding things to publish over here. They might have an easier time on the Rev, but it's still questionable. They concentrated on the PS2 (and portables) last gen because there was a lot of games that didn't get ported across the ocean.

I'd like to see the full context of the quote and a comfirmation that its real (the only places I've seen it come from are questionable at best). Who knows though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always seen Sony's systems being more than for games.
Just like Dreamcast vs. PS2
or DS vs. PSP

The Sony system can always do more, but it comes at a premium. I dont feel ripped off.

seismologist said:
The Sony system can always do more, but it comes at a premium. I dont feel ripped off.

I think the so called "premium" being accused of here is actual content support. Ya know, the whole "PS3 is not really a games machine" nonsense. 20 releases a year sure would feel like a ripoff to a lot of people. Its also pretty insane to think an industry person would actually predict the Playstation platform would suddenly lose 90% of their content support. Which is why Im not really buying this quote as legit. It sounds like the kind of doom and gloom a partiicular brand of deluded sentimentalist fanboi would write up.

Been looking around saw this on another forum as well.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1112.html

Konami to Publish Atlus Games in Japan
01.28.05 - 1:27 AM

Atlus has announced an agreement under which the company has entrusted Konami with managing sales of its games in Japan beginning on April 1st. Due to the recent decline of the Japanese game market, the company has found it increasingly difficult to operate profitably. Atlus management hopes that the huge sales network of Konami, Japan's leading 3rd party publisher will help to bolster sales of its game software, which includes its highly acclaimed flagship series Shin Megami Tensei and the strategy RPG series Growlanser.

20 games a year, that I really can't see happening. Sure games will take longer to make and cost more, so maybe we will see a decline in the total amount of games being made, sure we have XBLA were we might see more games comming, but in retail, there might be a smaller total of games being published. Maybe what he ment was 20 exclusive games a year?...

There isn't really that much of a difference between the system and the previous one, except the graphics will be better

And yet it (yes, I said "it" till I hear confirmation) recommended Xbox 360.

.Z

barnak said:
Atlus: "the Ps3 Is A Rip-off For Gamers", Don't bother with it if you are a gamer

"The Playstation 3 is a very powerful machine that will be great for consumers wanting a high-tech and high definition driven machine, with many capabilities. The system is very complicated for developing games, so it might take a while for developers to get used to the system. I would recommend the Playstation 3 for consumers that are very interested in different types of multimedia. For consumers that are buying it only for the games, you will feel somewhat ripped off. There isn't really that much of a difference between the system and the previous one, except the graphics will be better and you there won't be multiple disks for some games. I can also see around only 20-30 games per year for it. For those consumers, I would highly recommend the Microsoft Xbox 360, and the upcoming Nintendo [codename] Revolution."

stolen from another forum who said they got it from Edge? Anyone know who this guy is?
Wow I am striked by his proffessional statements.Yep.I am convinced he is a real developer.

And the sky will fall on our heads too.Trust me.I know.Its scientific proof because I said so and my name is Einstein.

Doesn't seem like it's real. Why would a person in that position actually think that the PS3 could have only 20 or so releases in one year? Like I said Sony themselves could produce over 20 games for the PS3 in one year. Then when you throw in 3rd party well....

drpepper said:
Is this for real? Can you not see the unprofessionalism of the post? Why did I reply? I guess I'm bored...
No it is real.You are an idiot for not believing it.I psychanalized you and this is what I understand.I am a famous Psychologist and I know.

If you want proof I stated this in the National Geographic channel.:LOL:

Back