First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

Lysander said:
tomclancys191156l.jpg

tomclancys191157l.jpg

I'm sorry but after looking at these picks I don't want to hear anyone say this isn't next gen.....this game looks gorgeous!

Lysander said:

Those look really good. I don't know what it is that make them so good though, I like the lighting and clouruse or something and of course amazing draw distance. Can't wait to see what they will be able to do this gen with the games that come out later...

These honestly look better than the target renders! :oops:

Whats funny is I think the movements of the on screen characters is too fast. People dont move that quickly (in that way) so its makes most computer animation look unrealistic... based on skeletons people can only transition from one position to another ina certain amount of time in certain way. Most on screen characters do things unrealistically. They either move a) way too fast generally skipping frames of animation (which none of us ever do) or b) make visbily in orngainc transitions (its just not possible. If they fix those two problems and give characters weight to their steps we'd be halfway to nirvana.

blakjedi said:
These honestly look better than the target renders! :oops:

Whats funny is I think the movements of the on screen characters is too fast. People dont move that quickly (in that way) so its makes most computer animation look unrealistic... based on skeletons people can only transition from one position to another ina certain amount of time in certain way. Most on screen characters do things unrealistically. They either move a) way too fast generally skipping frames of animation (which none of us ever do) or b) make visbily in orngainc transitions (its just not possible. If they fix those two problems and give characters weight to their steps we'd be halfway to nirvana.

CO-SIGN. Maybe with the next Ghost Recon they will have more natural body movements. Something to look forward to.

I'm inclined to believe that the quality of animation was moreso constrained by limited development time rather than by the capabilities of the hardware. You can't have everything within a finite time limit, but within the lifespan of the 360 I believe we'll see more realistic animations in games that run at reasonable framerates. Of course this might just be stating the obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragemare said:
It still gives me that boxed in feeling.
What about the co-op campaign?

This game is actually 2 games in one, they have completely new objectivs and levels for co-op play. For the co-op campaign they took multiplayer maps and created levels out of them, that should be about the farthest thing from boxed in that you'll be able to find.

Actually this addition of a 2nd campaign unlockable only in co-op mode is sheer genious, 2 games in one, talk about added value and replayability factor!

Man that new trailer is simply by far the most awesome yet! I really need it in hi-def! The helicopter battle, wow!

I wonder if we'll see a couple weeks delay since UBI keeps saying only "March".

The sense of scale in that 1Up video is clearly impressive.
That's what I call next-gen.

Back