First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

Daryl said:
http://www.ps3station.com/pictures/killzone-5.jpg

Sony will be trying to hit this target render, though..

Man that's impressive.

But the sand textures alone, I dont think would ever dream of fitting in 512 MB..even if the rest of the system was up to snuff..

What's so unbelievable about that shot to you? The draw distance isn't anything unseen before (GRAW's draw distance is farther). The characters are not more detailed than I've seen before... the textures look good... the only thing I can think of is the smoke? And in the video I loved the animation, but it's not that far ahead of GRAW graphically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets just say we disagree then, lighting is practically non-existent in that shot. I think you just favor the art direction, blur-effects do not a next-gen game make. We've already got that with Kameo, DOA4, PGR3, PDZ, etc....

GOW looks way better than that. And it's a real game, running in real-time.

And that pic doesn't blow away GRAW either:

killzone_ps3.jpg

GoW.jpg

graw.jpg

Now, animation is another story ;) But it remains to be seen if Killzone can match that in realtime.

Great. Killzone, AGAIN.
Will someone please make a totally unfounded comparison with Hitler so we can finish the thread off?

BTOA said:
Has the animation changed from GR2 to GR:AW or is it still the same stiff looking animation?
There are recent videos of GRAW on Xboxyde.com, IGN.com and Gamespot.com. Just take a look for yourself. :)

Inane_Dork said:
Will someone please make a totally unfounded comparison with Hitler so we can finish the thread off?

That so perfectly encapsulates what the CGI Killzone 2 video has become :LOL:

I'd wish the thread would be kept clean from the unnecessary comparisons to games in cometing platforms.
GRAW deserves a thread that is not ruined by the usual suspects who wish to turn everything into "xbos360 vs." trollfest.

I saw the footage on my PSP from the 1up show, and already on that small screen it looked impressive enough, especially when you could see the city
The E3 "target render trailer" did IMO look just that little bit better, mainly due to athmospheric effects. That trailer looked more like a warzone, due to "thicker air" and more impressive lighting (HDR?). The latest footage looks more like computer game, with that more "sterilized" look to it. It looks clearer, but at the same time more flat.

WOW i'm shocked :oops: caracter detail in SP mode is amazing !! very impresive step forward with GFX .I'm wondering if we see some big changes in already looking great GOW :D

Hardknock said:
PC is getting a completely seperate version with (non)next-gen assets. But suit yourself ;)
Does this also means different mission/maps? Just wondering if I should buy both versions.

Inane_Dork said:
Great. Killzone, AGAIN.
There are recent videos of GRAW on Xboxyde.com, IGN.com and Gamespot.com. Just take a look for yourself. :)
I have seen it and it still looks stiff, I just wanted to hear what others thought of it too.

czekon said:
WOW i'm shocked :oops: caracter detail in SP mode is amazing !! very impresive step forward with GFX .I'm wondering if we see some big changes in already looking great GOW :D

Yeah... we havent seen any Gears of war screens lately... wonder what they have cooking... 06 is looking very nice. It seesm as though atmospherics/interactivity will be the key to next gen... as long as characters have weight whenever they take a step or run and look like they are putting pressure on the ground, and their bodies and gear respond accordingly, I will be happy.

BTOA said:
I have seen it and it still looks stiff, I just wanted to hear what others thought of it too.

it looks pretty good to me, for example when your men run across the street., it looks like everyone had individual animations, almost looks full mo-capped.

The main character looks better than previous version as well, GR2 his head bobbed like a cork, this looks alot more natural.

Back