First Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter Single Player Footage (X360)

I'll take mouse and keyboard over controller whenever I can get it in first person shooters. Those screens are almost 2 months old, and will be around 3 months old by the time game ships, so room for improvement isnt out of the picture. But its not like the PC graphics look bad or anything, I'll be fine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardknock said:
Yeah I'm applying console terminology to emphasize a point. GRAW 360 is "next gen" to me, the PC version which still looks good doesn't compare and looks a bit rough. The PC version is based off the Xbox version from my understanding.
Very interesting, thanks! :D
Bad_Boy said:
I'll take mouse and keyboard over controller whenever I can get it in first person shooters. Those screens are almost 2 months old, and will be around 3 months old by the time game ships, so room for improvement isnt out of the picture. But its not like the PC graphics look bad or anything, I'll be fine. :)
I used to agree with this. But then I had a 2 year PC gaming dry spell where all I played was consoles. I recently put together a new machine, so I picked up FEAR and I must say that using a keyboard/mouse is not as engaging as a controller with triggers and rumble pack. The accuracy might be better, but I'll trade accuracy over being able to actually pull a trigger to fire my "gun".

But to each his own, of course :D

Sis said:
I used to agree with this. But then I had a 2 year PC gaming dry spell where all I played was consoles. I recently put together a new machine, so I picked up FEAR and I must say that using a keyboard/mouse is not as engaging as a controller with triggers and rumble pack. The accuracy might be better, but I'll trade accuracy over being able to actually pull a trigger to fire my "gun".

I agree 100% with everything you said, I used to also think that that mouse and keyboard is better, but now I think it's just more accurate, but playing with gamepads is 10X more fun, except for RTS game, where mouse and keyboard are still the far better, but in fps game you get more "feeling" playing with pad...

Now after seeing this video hopefully it could end all of the "It's not close to the E3 footage" stuff. Shadows in SP are great.

Is it me or the final game looks better than the e3 trailer ? I find it even more impressive than mgs4 trailer thanks to the huge view distance.

The part with the helicopter shows off some really nice death animations " a la killzone trailer " .
What is the physic engine powering the game ??

rosman said:
The part with the helicopter shows off some really nice death animations " a la killzone trailer " .
What is the physic engine powering the game ??

This is what I was talking about in that other thread. What do death animations in GRAW have to do will killzone and PS3 is beyond me. I don't see anything so special about the death animations in this trailer. Graw looks great, but that doesn't mean the killzone CG trailer is any more possible then it was before we saw this video.

Man it's like some people can't post a comment without referring back to a CG trailer or a PS3 game that has nothing to do with what we are discussing. the death animations comments is really stretching to make a link between those two games. This is about Graw, let's not bring other PS3 games into this topic for once.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true Qroach, but since the PS3 is going to be so much more powerful than any other console/pc/super-computer on the market when it comes out I think it's only right that we mention it whenever possible.
yep.gif

;)

Sis said:

But to each his own, of course :D

I agree with this also. The rumble and triggers are nice to have, it creates a different kind of experience.

One thing that made it easier for me to convert over to the X-Box controller are the spread thumb sticks. Compared to the Sony Dual Shock thrumb stick layout, it's far more comfortable and easier to control a FPS, and the d-pad is more useful.

A lot of the video footage in the 1up show is the same footage they have available for download in their GRAW section. So really it's only 1:30 or so of single player footage. Mexico City is modeled quite well with an incredible draw distance. That really helps to make the city look more realistic.

The 1up show was very good overall. It really but the shame every other type of video game show I've ever watched and I get G4TV channel.

I watched the Gamespot Prince Arrington interview, and it's different from the earlier one posted a few days back. It shows some footage of the character customization process with choosing different head gear, faces, face paint, and so on. I thought it was a pretty good interview. He's very articulate conveying his idea's and the focus of GRAW.

Gamespot Prince Arrington interview link

So I'm wondering, do you guys think GRAW is really going to make it's 3/7 ship date listed at EBWORLD?

It just seems too good to be true..

Dont get me wrong guys, In racing/fighting/some rpg's/3rd person games (like gta or dmc) i would choose controllers over mouse and keyboard anytime and everytime. But I gotta admit, mouse and keyboard is the best thing that ever happened to first person shooters, and if theres anytime I can use M&K over a controller in a FPS game, trust me, I'll do it without question no matter how "engaging" it is. Trigger's and Analog sticks just dont do it for me. There is really no contest.

Keyboard and mouse are very accurate on FPS almost too good. When I played Halo on the PC i ripped through it so fast I would have been angry if I had purchased it.

Daryl said:
So I'm wondering, do you guys think GRAW is really going to make it's 3/7 ship date listed at EBWORLD?

It just seems too good to be true..
I preordered mine at Gamestop and they're telling me they have it listed for March 24th, as well as Gears of War.

If true, I'll have one cool Spring Break since that's the day after my finals are done.

Hardknock said:
Any new footage or interesting details Brimstone?

Yes, it has some new single player footage and it shows the soldier diving towards a wall then firing over the wall at the enemy. The total video is only 2 minutes long and a lot of the info is video of real life future warrior stuff thats expected in the year 2010. You see them scan in some guy wearing the gear into 3dmax.

Back