Australians all let us rejoice,

For we have a public holiday!

Yay for public holidays!

Yay for Sam Kekovich and lamb chops!

Yay for a sunny with light cloud 36C day!

And to my fellow antipodeans, may all you're tinnies be bottomless and your BBQ's be fly free...

Lamb chops...ugh. If I wanted wool for dinner, I'd go eat a sweater. ;)

And 36C... UGH!!!

Happy holiday to you! Here's -7C and quite a lot of snow ATM, hehehe.

Shogun said:
For we have a public holiday!
I try to tell my superiors here that I should have a holiday but they seem convinced that Australia Day does not apply in the UK :( (Though I think the lucky B's in Australia House in London have a holiday).

Yay for a sunny with light cloud 36C day!
Well, it's sunny but more like 3.6C today :(

And to my fellow antipodeans, may all you're tinnies be bottomless and your BBQ's be fly free...
Well, there's always the aeroguard :)

I celebrated it last year ... was in Federation Square, Melbourne with the rest of the crowds watching the stage show and fireworks. This year an aussie friend in london invited me to his bbq, but since im up north i won't be going.

Australia day doesn't really get a mention in the UK ... not outside of London anyway. There's so many Aussies in London its scary. but anyway ...

Happy Australia Day!

Penalty rates convinced me to work, but public transport was all over the place, so it took me about 90 minutes to get in. Once I arrived, I found the building all locked up and Security remarkably unhelpful. Yay for wasting my Australia Day!

Back