Oh yeah, I quit smoking pot for a while...

Give it a few weeks.. and you will be right back on it when you start dreaming crazy shit every night you sleep.

I put it down after christmas, not planning on it. And I had to score a bit last week to get my REM sleep back to something normal. Otherwise I was waking up 20 times a night because of the crazy stuff going on in my sleep.

Nope. I got something to prove to myself, I'm gonna clean out my system and stay off it for a few months at least.

Two major reaons:

1. To see what the difference is

2. Just to prove to myself I can

digitalwanderer said:
I'm gonna clean out my system and stay off it for a few months at least.

<supportive comments>

Without intending to overly moralise, for the sake of your family at least you've made a wise choice.
Walk your dogs more, clean living and a bit of excercise is a better option for child induced stress managemnt than chemical relief.

</supportive comments>

Hope you stick with it. I've never seen the attraction and at the worst it should save you some money. :)

A twenty year habit just seems a bit of a biatch to break, but it surprisingly ain't that bad. :)

Just gotta stay occupied.

I tried the dog walking thing today and it was just a bloody fiasco! I've been walking the kids to school since the Z is in the shop and I decided to take one of the puppies with...

....BIIIIIIG mistake. :rolleyes:

The one I wanted to take freaked out when I tried to put the harness on her, so I just grabbed the nearest one and tossed it on. Me and Lulu were heading out but then Rascal pushed past us and bolted out the door, across the frontyard, across the street, and half-way down the block before I could even get the door closed! (Rascal is amazingly fast, surprised me to see what she could do with a wide open space!)

I called her back to me, she actually came back after about the 12th hollar. I grabbed her and picked her up to carry her in, but then her sister Lulu (who I had on a leash and I was still holding the leash too...) wrapped the leash around my legs and jumped up...not only pushing me down but at the same time pulling my feet out from under me.

I ended up dropping Rascal and getting dropped face-first into my muddy lawn. Picking myself up I could see Rascal just about a block away. :rolleyes:

Tied Lulu up to the pole on the porch and actively started hunting Rascal. Apparently Rascal thought it was some form of game because she kept running back to me and then veering off at the last second to run past and puppy-giggling at me.

Now keep in mind that I live on a pretty busy residential street, cars go down it often and often too fast...

Five minutes of hollaring/chasing Rascal gets me and her on the opposite side of the street across from my house, and I finally get a piece of her. Not a good piece unfortunately as she wiggled free and sprinted across the street...

..right into the path of an oncoming car.

I swear if I had time to think I never would have done it, but the next thing I know I'm moving faster than I thought I could to interpose myself between Rascal and the car. (Rascal saw the car just as she got in front of it and immitated a deer in headlights)

The car stopped about a foot from me, I grabbed Rascal and picked her up in a way that let her and me both know she didn't have a prayer of getting lose, and I apologized to the nice lady who was freaking out a bit because she was convinced she almost killed me.

Toss Rascal in the house, untie poor Lulu who was a bit freaked out by the whole incident, and I realize there is no way in hell that I'll make it to school in time to pick up my kids.

That's when MauiMom pulled up out front and offered us a lift, and me and Lulu got a ride there and made it just in time. :LOL:

That's been pretty typical of how my day went today all around.

digitalwanderer said:
A twenty year habit just seems a bit of a biatch to break, but it surprisingly ain't that bad. :)

Just gotta stay occupied.

I tried the dog walking thing today and it was just a bloody fiasco! I've been walking the kids to school since the Z is in the shop and I decided to take one of the puppies with...

....BIIIIIIG mistake. ::

The one I wanted to take freaked out when I tried to put the harness on her, so I just grabbed the nearest one and tossed it on. Me and Lulu were heading out but then Rascal pushed past us and bolted out the door, across the frontyard, across the street, and half-way down the block before I could even get the door closed! (Rascal is amazingly fast, surprised me to see what she could do with a wide open space!)

I called her back to me, she actually came back after about the 12th hollar. I grabbed her and picked her up to carry her in, but then her sister Lulu (who I had on a leash and I was still holding the leash too...) wrapped the leash around my legs and jumped up...not only pushing me down but at the same time pulling my feet out from under me.

I ended up dropping Rascal and getting dropped face-first into my muddy lawn. Picking myself up I could see Rascal just about a block away. :rolleyes:

Tied Lulu up to the pole on the porch and actively started hunting Rascal. Apparently Rascal thought it was some form of game because she kept running back to me and then veering off at the last second to run past and puppy-giggling at me.

Now keep in mind that I live on a pretty busy residential street, cars go down it often and often too fast...

Five minutes of hollaring/chasing Rascal gets me and her on the opposite side of the street across from my house, and I finally get a piece of her. Not a good piece unfortunately as she wiggled free and sprinted across the street...

..right into the path of an oncoming car.

I swear if I had time to think I never would have done it, but the next thing I know I'm moving faster than I thought I could to interpose myself between Rascal and the car. (Rascal saw the car just as she got in front of it and immitated a deer in headlights)

The car stopped about a foot from me, I grabbed Rascal and picked her up in a way that let her and me both know she didn't have a prayer of getting lose, and I apologized to the nice lady who was freaking out a bit because she was convinced she almost killed me.

Toss Rascal in the house, untie poor Lulu who was a bit freaked out by the whole incident, and I realize there is no way in hell that I'll make it to school in time to pick up my kids.

That's when MauiMom pulled up out front and offered us a lift, and me and Lulu got a ride there and made it just in time. :LOL:

That's been pretty typical of how my day went today all around.
How eventfull!
Good way to test your heart out huh ;)

digitalwanderer said:
The immediate differences will be:

a) You will be less stupid.
b) Have headaches for awhile, usually after sleeping.
c) More lucid/ intense dreams.
d) Temper will be a bit shorter for a time.
e) Sometimes when alot of drama goes on you might feel overwhealmed.
f) A sense of loss that will be a constant nagging.

Long term differences will be:

a) You will be less stupid.
b) Feel healthier
c) Gain a sense of normalcy
d) Lose the sense of paranoia that comes with being a "midnite toker"
f) A sense of loss that will decline to where it will be hard to recall what you even liked about doing it in the first place.

digitalwanderer said:

I would have been more inclined to say I was doing it for my kids, my wife, my health..
Those are much better motivaters to stay quit.

I find the best way to quit bad habits is to do it for myself, it's just a thing.

Rascal getting out was nothing, you should have seen my day in kindergarten today as the teacher's helper! :???:

Todays lesson.

images

Never work with children or animals

I stopped using drugs after that time I saw Aaron's cradle in the ocean and practically drowned myself.

digitalwanderer said:
I tried the dog walking thing today and it was just a bloody fiasco!
It would seem I live an amazingly dull life compared to you... :LOL:

Glad nobody got permanently injured! Heh.

digitalwanderer said:
I find the best way to quit bad habits is to do it for myself, it's just a thing.
That's the worst way. The only way is to do it for someone else.

I didn't quit smoking because I didn't want to die of cancer. I quit because I didn't want my son to be fatherless because I died of cancer.

Reverend said:

I didn't quit smoking because I didn't want to die of cancer. I quit because I didn't want my son to be fatherless because I died of cancer.
how sweet.

Reverend said:

Or worse, just coughing up a few chunks of lung one day and not dying.

(hey that has actually happened to someone before)

digitalwanderer said:
Nope. I got something to prove to myself, I'm gonna clean out my system and stay off it for a few months at least.

Two major reaons:

Nice. I'm sure you can. The difference is not huge, except that you will live more actively, pot causes laziness.

I did it last year but I went back to it because I had lots of stuff to forget :(

Reverend said:

I think you're right. While I do love myself, that's never been enough of a reason. I need someone to make me want to stop.

or do it the xtian way: "i didnt quit anything i was doing, i made you quit what you were doing cause i like to pretend i know all about things i don't know anything about...like god"

everyone of you who pretends you 'know' pot smoking is 'bad' for everyone is a fraud...and an idiot. and not to be trusted. those are facts...real ones.

digitalwanderer said:

Rascal getting out was nothing, you should have seen my day in kindergarten today as the teacher's helper! :???:

:LOL:

man you are having fun
icon14.gif

Back