So I had my birthday....

linthat22

Regular
This past Sunday and I'm 28 now. You might be wondering "what was ole Linty's birthday dinner?" Well my friends, I can tell you this, it wasn't steak, sea food, or anything foreign (chinese, thai, etc..). I requested something that a lady made at work and my wife made it for me. And I thought I'd share it with everyone.

It's Beans and Ham.

Take one package of lima beans, put them in a crockpot. And take half a leg of ham and put it in the crockpot and then cover with water and set on low for 12 to 13 hours. Season as you wish and enjoy.

I haven't really dined on swine this past year, so a little bit of the dirty animal wasn't bad. I was in hog heaven (*honk, honk* (yes yes, bad joke, I know)). The damn meat just falls apart and gives it just enough salt too.

Oh well, I never heard of this dish till I moved to the south. But you know what? It was the best damned birthday dinner I've ever had. I think I might've found a comfort food.

So on this topic it was my wife's birthday yesterday.

She wanted me to cook something "special" but gave me no indication ARG!

Anyway I don't like mushrooms or shrimp much so I figured I would go for t3h w!n by including them in the ingredients.

Cooked a package of bacon + 14 oz salad shrimp + 1 package cream cheese + red pepper + garlic and mixed it all together then I put portabella mushrooms on a baking sheet and filled them with the goo and topped it with extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Anyway I did good, so there is a recipe for you :) Though I just kind of threw it together.

Happy birthday to our favorite tinfoil basketcase! :)
Just joking of course. About the basketcase bit I mean, you're still our fav tinfoiler. :)

Best way I enjoy swine is in the form of smoked and salted slices, aka bacon. Either in a nice thick burger or cut up into bits in a nice "pyttipanna".

So three cheers for you, and continue to enjoy your b.day!

digitalwanderer said:
<Homer voice>

Oh sure, that's it. There's some magical beast that gives us ham, pork chops, and bacon...

</Homer voice>

And it's called pig! Funny though, in Italian there are also two ways to call the the "magical beast": "maiale" and "porco" (you guessed that right, the same as "pork").

Back