No more booth babes at E3?

london-boy said:
:LOL: Hey they DO need to open the market up so that girls start playing more games... That's where the real money is!! If they get as many girls to play games as there are boys, imagine how much money they'd make!:LOL:

Suuure, you're sooo concerned about girls' interests here... :devilish:

london-boy said:
Well i was under the impression that Geeks (with a capital G) either don't know what sex is or are so desperate they'll just do anyone.......... :devilish:

Besides, Geeks will see PS3 in the background and will never even notice booth babes/boys.........

No. Geeks DO want sex more than anything, they're just not getting any, for well-known reasons...

EDIT: if you ask me, before I remove the babes I'd rather remove the booths :oops:

_xxx_ said:
No. Geeks DO want sex more than anything, they're just not getting any, for well-known reasons...

... which is kinda the issue here isn't it.... I mean you're obviously speaking from experience.... :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
Oprah don't strike me as a gamer though. :???:

She's not a technophobe, but she's not exactly a geek either. If she did a show on viddy games I have a feeling it'd be about if video games make people kill or some such. :(

(Hey, I LIKE Oprah...I'm just a bit of a realist on rare occasions)

That's EXACTLY right. And I might add its the correct assesment of most women and others that dont play videogames. The VG needs to expand and booth babes (at least the least tasteful ones) are a hindrance to that growth. Oprah is an icon that bridges the gap... the foil is that there is nothing of interest within current videogame genres for most people that dont play them.

I had a longer more thorough post about this issue but this stupid system erased it...:rolleyes:

_xxx_ said:

EDIT: if you ask me, before I remove the babes I'd rather remove the booths :oops:
Reminds of:

What's the difference between a Trekker and a Trekkie?

A Trekker wonders what it's like to have sex in space.

A Trekkie wonders what it's like to have sex at all.

Trust me. No one in their right mind would want to open this can of worms. On the one hand, you've got exhibitors who have grown accustomed to the strip club atmosphere of the Tokyo Game Show (sex sells doesn't it?), while on the other hand enforcing a dress code for women ONLY is ... well ... the stuff lawsuits are made of. :oops:

_xxx_ said:
Exactly what I thought as well :LOL:

No more booth babes at E3 = No more E3 for me :devilish:
They really think most people go there because of the exhibitors and their products? ;)

Excellent regulation :leave such a grotesque spectacle for football and car macho-fans.
Had I controll of it I would remove all models and other stupidities from the exposition.
You say they attract peaople? How about the place hosting only people who are really interested and appreciate the technollogical innovations.
I have to say im dissapointed by MS advertising the 360 on MTV. I would like for games and gamers other direction than mainstream idiocy.

Back