(Revolution) No End Soon blog updated

Teasy

Veteran
The mysterious No End Soon Blog was updated yesterday. They talk for a while about what stage the game is at and mention other things like what dev kit they currently have and when final kits are expected. More importantly this time they give a very specific schedule of events for the game and related Revolution announcements. So we'll definitely find out for sure wether this site is real or not very soon based on that schedule (should be by Feb 9th just after D.I.C.E 2006 but no later then the 17th with an exclusive RevoGaming interview):

http://revolutiondevelopment.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Meybe we will find soon what he mean by a diferent rendering mode, and why he say to not worry about gfx, I am very interesting in the first, this will be a long wait till E3.

This makes me very hopeful of Rev as a competent graphics system...

...Then again, this blog might also be a total fraud! :)

If this blog isn't a fraud, it would be the first non-fraud Nintendo blog in the history of all things ever. I think the big announcement will be "Ha ha, it was all a pack of lies! I can't believe you suckers STILL fall for this crap!"

Yea. Teasy is like a magnet for fake Revolution blogs. :)

The one used in the old specs thread with the supossed IGN information turned out to be a fraud.

I've only ever posted info on two blogs, only the ones that had a chance of being real. Also I'm not posting this blog because I believe its real. I'm posting the thread because this blog has been a talking point on this forum before and I thought people would like to know when they will find out for sure if its true or false. I thought that was pretty clear in my first post..

Dunno whether it's fake or genuine, there's not enough details about the console to prove it genuine, but NDAs forbid details so...

i hardly believe in this blog because

the sensible nature of the information they pretend to reveal make me think that you are not supposed to leak info like this without risking big problems with nintendo.

despite this they claim they will reveal their real identity.

They say they will reveal there indentity only after a new policy from Nintendo becomes active, so there's no contradiction there.

Which information are you referring to? The policy hasn't changed yet no, but they haven't revealed there real identity yet either. What they have done is give dates when they say new info will be given, not the new info itself.

They could very well be fake, but nothing they've said shows them to be fake at this point. As I said we'll find out if they're fake soon, that's guarenteed since they have given us the ammunition to shoot them down in the next couple of weeks.

i mean this information:

March 21: Nintendo conference, second Revolutionary aspect will be fully revealed, including list of games which can be downloaded from day one. No End Soon backward compatibility game for exclusive features will be included in this list. Look for more information about this right after the announced at this blog.

is it official ?

or a leak ?

It hasn't officially come from Nintendo's own announcements no. But does that mean it goes against current NDA's?, I don't know. Its certainly a valid question, the info could be considered to be a bit too secret to be allowed to be posted I suppose.

Dont know if it is a fake or no, but if it is then it one very well made, till today they did not gave none reasons to suspect from them (besides being a Rev blog), and that is hard to do.

I've only ever posted info on two blogs, only the ones that had a chance of being real. Also I'm not posting this blog because I believe its real. I'm posting the thread because this blog has been a talking point on this forum before and I thought people would like to know when they will find out for sure if its true or false. I thought that was pretty clear in my first post..

Just in case, i didnt posted with ill intentions. In fact is good sometimes to read these things.

Anyway the point is, most fake blogs, even the convincing ones, have the same pattern. They are like a compendium of the common information we know stringed together in a rational manner.
Seriously if you (the bloger) know something and you want to share it, im sure there are ways to do it withouth compromising yourself. Also some of the vague stuff revealed by "these blogs" tend to violate NDA's anyway.

About this blog i dont know, im kind of resigned myself and just wait for E3.

OT: The 2 important conference before E3 are DICE and GDC, correct?

Magnum PI said:
we are before the new policy. and they give this information now, so they would be liable.
Not if they're making the blog with permission from Nintendo.

Frankly, if they are actually working on a real Rev game, they wouldn't make a blog that would make them liable in any way. The only way they could make this blog (if it's real), is if they have official sanction to do so.

See it as a form of viral marketing, just a bit more up-front than usual if you like.

Um, so they put it on blogspot so nintendo wouldn't notice? :rolleyes:

Your logic does NOT hold up. That they put it on blogspot means precisely dick, and is likely done purposefully in reality.

Guden Oden said:
Not if they're making the blog with permission from Nintendo.

Frankly, if they are actually working on a real Rev game, they wouldn't make a blog that would make them liable in any way. The only way they could make this blog (if it's real), is if they have official sanction to do so.

According to them NoE knows about their blog.

Back