Derek Wilson of Anandtech...

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
Link to the 7300 Write-up

The second page starts with:
Derek Wilson said:
As the title of the article implies, the GeForce 7300 is NVIDIA's very first shipping 90nm part.

Just to continue with this:
Derek "I use big words I do not comprehend" Wilson said:
Aside from transistors with 90nm gate lengths

According to Anandtech, 90nm process = 90nm transistor gate lengths.

Why couldn't just they keep at the stupid generalities + stupid benchmarks that should compose their articles?

Oh, and before someone says something like "why didn't you shoot an email to Derek pointing his mistake, instead of posting a sarcastic thread about it?".
Remember that I hate Anandtech.
So, no need to ask my negativity toward all things Anand.

Hell, no need to ask about my negativity, period. :devilish:

I dont hate AT.. but their video reviews have gone down hill. They dont even use AF anymore. How can someone review a 650+ video card, and not use AF? Ugh.

karlotta said:
whats the color of money?
GREEN!!!! :LOL:

Vysez said:
Oh, and before someone says something like "why didn't you shoot an email to Derek pointing his mistake, instead of posting a sarcastic thread about it?".
Remember that I hate Anandtech.
OMG! That just sounds so me! ;)

Wow!!! Nvidia is paying off Anandtech, HardOCP, Firingsquad, Futuremark, Ubisoft, Epic and Id and still manage to post a profit with record margins? Dang, they must be doing something else on the side besides selling video cards :LOL:

trinibwoy said:
Wow!!! Nvidia is paying off Anandtech, HardOCP, Firingsquad, Futuremark, Ubisoft, Epic and Id and still manage to post a profit with record margins? Dang, they must be doing something else on the side besides selling video cards :LOL:
Nah, you'd be surprised at just how cheap it is to buy some people. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
Nah, you'd be surprised at just how cheap it is to buy some people. ;)
Well just being there for them from the begining is big. I always felt the suits of NVDA where better at getting what they want from the suits at the publishers. And the dev support from NVDA has been going on alot longer at some dev houses. Then add in the morons on some websites who cant see past the swag and early card teases... meh

trinibwoy said:
Yes, that's why ninety somewhat percent of todays games have the TWIMTBP branding regardless of how they actually play on either hardware. Companies don't advertise for other companies because they ask nicely.

trinibwoy said:
They do.. they sell mainboard chipsets, high-end opengl workstation support and development consulting.

Vysez said:
Why couldn't just they keep at the stupid generalities + stupid benchmarks that should compose their articles?

Because no one has benchmarks for this card for the simple reason that no one has the card. Poor guys were forced to stretch. :LOL: The 7300 "launch" was as good an example as there is of the online press engaged in "relationship maintenance". No boards, last minute notification, paltry documentation, no one reading can buy one, and a low-end board that 99% of them don't give a rat's ass about with the slight exception of the fact that it is a 90nm desktop part from NV.

Not that "relationship maintenance" is inappropriate, btw, all by itself. In any relationship both sides need to get at least their minimum reasonable needs taken care of, or a divorce is in the works. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be fair to Anandtech, we were briefed the day before on 7300. I did not do a write-up for precisely that reason. I think you'll find a few rushed things happening next week as well.

ANova said:
Yes, that's why ninety somewhat percent of todays games have the TWIMTBP branding regardless of how they actually play on either hardware. Companies don't advertise for other companies because they ask nicely.

Yes but thats not pay off its co marketing, you have a great game, we will help you show it off since we will be at the presentation show with our computers, you just have to stick our label on your box, how about AMD + Far Cry? Or Intel promoting with Unreal Engine 3 with thier small game demo. Everyone does it to some degree.

Companies co advertise when they see there is a general advantage to both sides. It always comes from both side. It reduces costs on two fronts and increases sales. Thats good business.

Razor1 said:
Yes but thats not pay off its co marketing, you have a great game, we will help you show it off since we will be at the presentation show with our computers, you just have to stick our label on your box, how about AMD + Far Cry? Or Intel promoting with Unreal Engine 3 with thier small game demo. Everyone does it to some degree.

Companies co advertise when they see there is a general advantage to both sides. It always comes from both side. It reduces costs on two fronts and increases sales. Thats good business.

Yes but then you have the likes of [H] and Epic who favor nvidia whenever the phrase 'graphics card' is mentioned, and have had for a long time. This suggests more then just a mutual co-advertising agreement.

ANova said:
Yes but then you have the likes of [H] and Epic who favor nvidia whenever the phrase 'graphics card' is mentioned, and have had for a long time. This suggests more then just a mutual co-advertising agreement.
By that yardstick three-quarters of the posters on this board are getting back-handers from ATI. ;)

Perhaps it may be hard to believe, and some of us aren't part of an "outreach program" posing as "average joe", haven't received free hardware( and been sworn to secrecy about it), or any other form of compensation.

BTW, I have zero criticism for on the table upfront promotional pushes by corporations.

ANova said:

I really don't think so, [H] was very pro ATi when the r300 showed up, specially after the fx flop. There could be likness towards one company but it all depends who's on top, thier reviews aren't really slanted. I just look at the numbers, don't really read thier articles ;). But anyways I think its more of a disappointment factor, if I was expecting something to be really great, and I finally get it, and it turns out to be OK as good as something else I could have bought a while back, I would be alittle hard on it too.

And Epic, I don't think they are really in bed with nV that much, other then getting to test pre release hardware possibly. Sweeny said the g70 was going to be faster, for the most part it was against a 500 mhz x1800, which that was ATi's prerelease cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back