Makers of Condemned and FEAR ready "first person action" title for PS3/X360

Nicked

Regular
From Gamefront.de (babelfished)
Condemned developer plans ' 1st person Actionspiel ' for PS3/Xbox 360 20.01.06 - Monolith Productions person Actionspiel ' for PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 work on a ' 1st. That comes out from an employment offered, in which a ' Lead software Engineer ' is looked for. Monolith had before for Sega Condemned: Criminal Origins Click Picture (Xbox 360) and the PC play F.E.A.R. for Vivendi develops.

Sounds good. Their last two titles were impressive.
Condemned 2? FEAR or FEAR2?
I expect good things.

Translation by me said:
Condemned developer plans FPS action game for PS3/Xbox 360

20.1.06 Monolith Productions works on a FPS action game for Playstation3 and Xbox360. This information coud be obtained from a job opening for a Lead Software Engineer

BTW, I want Blood ;)

Both F.E.A.R and Condemned are mediocre in my book.There's nothing really wrong with them but nothing outstanding either.

Here's a piece of advice for these guys:make sure your next game has more variety,i was realy bored walking the same locations esp. on F.E.A.R

fulcizombie said:
Both F.E.A.R and Condemned are mediocre in my book.There's nothing really wrong with them but nothing outstanding either.

Here's a piece of advice for these guys:make sure your next game has more variety,i was realy bored walking the same locations esp. on F.E.A.R
while i haven't played condemed, i have played fear, and everything else monolith have done (to my kowlage, including a software 3d interface for a game demo disk released by microsoft for windows 95). the thing that monolith excelles in is someting people usualy miss, because it's the subtle things. textures have a consistant look accross objects, for example. and it's extreamly rare to find holes in level geometry (almost every level in HL2 has at least one or two spots where you can look through the ground and see the skybox).

monolith polish games in a shorter period than most other developers.

FEAR starts off well enough but does get very repetitive. Very similar levels with very similar objectives/firefights.

Havent played condemned yet though.

expletive said:
FEAR starts off well enough but does get very repetitive. Very similar levels with very similar objectives/firefights.

True, but to me atleast the plot was very interesting. And I just had to see what's coming up next. It's true that it was repetitive, but most games even good ones are repetitive.

I hope it is a AvP this monsters would be beautifull in those machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
bouy said:
With multiplayer mode of Mobile Combat Armor versus Infantry!

:D

Actually, I found it funny how the shotgun in Fear resembled the one in Shogo very much, even in animation.

Your all wrong... My contacts tell me it's Blood3 and Im praying its true.

btw, Anyone remember/can dig up the concepts renders of Shogo2 released way back in like 99 or 00. I remember a cool looking mech with nice armor textures. I'd love to see that pic again to compare it toward todays tech.

Back