KillZone 2 News coming Very soon

Part of what happened was that Killzone was hyped as the "Halo Killer" and failed miserably at that effort. Now they expect everyone to believe that from the makers of that "not-so Halo killer" will come the best graphics of the generation. If they can do it great ! but I wouldnt hold my breath...

blakjedi said:
Part of what happened was that Killzone was hyped as the "Halo Killer" and failed miserably at that effort. Now they expect everyone to believe that from the makers of that "not-so Halo killer" will come the best graphics of the generation. If they can do it great ! but I wouldnt hold my breath...

I'm not saying they'll give us "best graphics of the generation", but graphics were not really Killzone's problem asides from framerate, which one might put down to the hardware it was running on. Have a look at some screenshots for it, it looks quite ambitious for a PS2 title. They also have some really really good artists at Guerilla, whatever about anything else.

Titanio said:
I'm not saying they'll give us "best graphics of the generation", but graphics were not really Killzone's problem asides from framerate, which one might put down to the hardware it was running on. Have a look at some screenshots for it, it looks quite ambitious for a PS2 title. They also have some really really good artists at Guerilla, whatever about anything else.

it was critically acclaimed-for lack of a more appropriate term..its not like it made headlines or anything-for the excellent art direction...they captured the WWII theme very well, given the fact that it was set hundreds of years into the future.

Perhaps one reason why people are so excited for the next gen KZ is that one of its predecessors' biggest drawbacks-hardware limitations-will be virtually non-existent next gen. GG will have all the power in the world to work with-how they utilize it..well, thats a different story. But i have faith in them; when you sit down and think about it, KZ was a very pretty game for the PS2. However, the glitches really pulled it down...extreme pop-up (oh, look, a building..), and issues with LOD and how its meant to increase in quality the closer you get to an object...which wasn't always the case. It seems that, from a slide-presentation i viewed, they had a good concept for the AI...but it just didn't fall into place correctly when they got it off the ground. Here's hoping that the PS3 will change that.

That's what I mean with the Hardware issue. It shouldn't be a (big) issue this time around...which is why I'm really excited about the PS3 KZ. The art and style of the game was great. The sound was awesome, and with 5.1DolbyDigital this time around, should be even better. They were very ambitious, yes, but that's a good sign for SONY and me, a (would be) PS3 owner. Hopefully people won't tag the next one a "Halo Killer" blah blah...let it be it's own game, which should be great!

Good times ahead...

Well AI makes or breaks any games, it's the #1 thing that made Halo so great, and so fun/challenging to play IMO. They better improve that big time, cause it sounds like it was pretty terrible last time around.

I wouldn't say it was totally lacking just that it was extremely inconsistant. Sometimes it would do some extremely clever thinks that you weren't expecting other times it did extremely stupid things.

scooby_dooby said:
Well AI makes or breaks any games, it's the #1 thing that made Halo so great, and so fun/challenging to play IMO. They better improve that big time, cause it sounds like it was pretty terrible last time around.
Personal, I thought what made Halo great wasn't because of its AI, but the gaming environment/world it was created in: Big maps with lots of structures/trees, wrapped in together with vehicles and AI bot assistance.

I thought the AI in Halo was way too easy to learn, easy-legendary, IMO.

BTOA said:
Personal, I thought what made Halo great wasn't because of its AI, but the gaming environment/world it was created in: Big maps with lots of structures/trees, wrapped in together with vehicles and AI bot assistance.

I thought the AI in Halo was way too easy to learn, easy-legendary, IMO.

If you take the AI away from Halo and it simply is not the same game, not even close.

Legendary easy? LOL! The only way most people can even come close to beating legendary is playing co-op with a friend to watch their back. Maybe you are just that good, but 99.99% of people get absolutely creamed in legendary mode.

btw: This gamespot review dedicates nearly 1/4 of it's article praising Halo's AI and the replayability and challenge it adds:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo/review.html?page=2

scooby_dooby said:
Legendary easy? LOL! *snip*

Well, if you play enough, you just get a sense of how capable the AI is and you should be getting used to throwing plasma grenades well. But you have a point - by no means is Legendary trivial in general.

There are certain situations that are difficult to go through without losing any health. Things definitely get worse in Halo 2 with the dual wielding elites and the brutes and the sniper jackals. It certainly is an exercise in learning patience. :)

Back on topic...

Halo

BTOA said:
but the gaming environment/world it was created in: Big maps with lots of structures/trees

I am sorry my friend I must disagree with this statement. My opinion is Halo had very simple and not so impressive environment design with simple geometry. I feel if you look carefully you may agree on this. I feel "magic" of halo was very good replay aspect. Very clever gameplay design.

scooby_dooby said:
Legendary easy? LOL! The only way most people can even come close to beating legendary is playing co-op with a friend to watch their back. Maybe you are just that good, but 99.99% of people get absolutely creamed in legendary mode.

QFT.

Kabbage said:
Isnt that what said, it represents what they hope to achieve :| but then again they are Sony first party

But they said that only after they were caught lying. There's a difference betwen misleading (not saying whether it's realtime or not vs saying it's realtime (when it's not)). Here Sony overstepped misleading into lying.

I guess the issue here is how much slack you give them. If you're Sony's ******, you would dismissed it...saying, it's what they're trying to achieve or that it's a motivational factor. The issue isn't what they can achieve, but that they intentionally lied to you. They could have said, look it's CG, but we think the PS3 can achieve that.

ihamoitc2005 said:
I am sorry my friend I must disagree with this statement. My opinion is Halo had very simple and not so impressive environment design with simple geometry. I feel if you look carefully you may agree on this. I feel "magic" of halo was very good replay aspect. Very clever gameplay design.
Everyone has their own opinion, I just perfered the big world over the simple AI. :)

scooby_dooby said:
If you take the AI away from Halo and it simply is not the same game, not even close.
Halo 1/2 multiplayer. ;)

btw: This gamespot review dedicates nearly 1/4 of it's article praising Halo's AI and the replayability and challenge it adds:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo/review.html?page=2
Yes, I thought Legendary was easy. Pretty simple AI routine that are predictable, while fighting enemies that have more life and a faster fire rate.

BTOA said:
Halo 1/2 multiplayer. ;)

Yes, I thought Legendary was easy. Pretty simple AI routine that are predictable, while fighting enemies that have more life and a faster fire rate.

But one has to compaire to other games and I have to say that compaired to the absolute most games it definitely had a much better AI, sure maybe it was not groundbreaking but definitely one of the top when it comes to games...

ihamoitc2005 said:

I think what everyone has said about Halo is part of the magic, but not everyone is drawn to the same thing. I happen to agree with BTOA with respect to the outdoor enviroments. They were awesome, so wide open, made you feel you could go anywhere. Indoor, thats where the problems begin, linear and really repetitive.

This is where I hope Killzone goes. I like more freedom in the gaming enviroment, see the MOH article. I really like that Parachute drop idea they are talking about, where you start a mission and can land anywhere within the missions map. That is cool.

Back