JP PS3 titles listing

blakjedi said:
Am I the only one that is getting tired of this universal "rendered to spec" talk? Sheesh.

I dont see anything wrong with it if a game is still early in development. As long as they eventually deliver on the goods its fine. In Polyphony's case I dont think there's much doubt that they're going to deliver, target render or no. Best artists in the biz + high end hardware = crap your pants. ;)

blakjedi said:
Am I the only one that is getting tired of this universal "rendered to spec" talk? Sheesh.
if you are refering to the GT demo, it was real time using GT4's assets.It was real time though.And not at all as impressive as other demos.

Nesh said:
if you are refering to the GT demo, it was real time using GT4's assets.It was real time though.And not at all as impressive as other demos.

The first two cars in this trailer were quoted by Yamauchi as being the first "GT5 spec" car models. But the rest of the trailer is basically GT4 assets tarted up with HDR, high res, AA etc.

^^^Earlier in the thread. ;)

Since this is a quasi-"when will we see ps3 games" thread, this little nugget is very interesting:

Another crazy week of development has passed. We got the word from on high that we need to present our game to Sony worldwide reps at this big conference next month so the team is scrambling to put together a great presentation for that. I am going to be presenting the game to an auditorium of a couple hundred people, so that ought to be interesting. I wish we were further along so I had more to show, but I still think what we have is great so I am not too worried. The only tough thing is we had what amounts to about two weeks of advanced notice, so that is a tough one

In other news I think I will be able to talk about the game I working on pretty soon. The specific date is not locked down yet, but it could be as early as mid to late Feb. So stay tuned for updates and posts that can actually go into specifics of the day-to-day stuff.

From: http://corybarlog.modblog.com/?show=blogview&blog_id=803056

This guy works at SCEA Santa Monica (he was Animation Director on God of War, and is Game Director on an "unannounced title"). I guess he's probably talking about a PS3 game, given the timeframe (feb?)? I sincerely hope so :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down, the word PS3 wasn't used ;)

But yeah, first the GG guys hinting at it on their forums and this...nice.

How does one go from Lead Animator to Director? Quite a jump in responsibility....

(choice tidbit: GOW lead animator Cory Barlog will be directing the next game from SCEA Santa Monica, with the smart money being that that game is GOW2).
Link

Yeah, it's always possible it's a PS2 or PSP title. But I get the impression this project is seperate from Jaffe's PSP project. But, of course, GoW2 is rumoured to be on PS2, so..we'll see :) The feb timing seems a little coincidental though.

1) I doubt GOW2 will be coming out so soon (hell, the original is only a year old now, of course, it could be at early concept stage... GOW took like three years to make).

2) Would Jaffe really give up creative control of the game... to pursue a PSP title? I just can't imagine this.

weaksauce said:
It's not gt4 assets, its the GT4 engine.
Also GT4 maps.
IIRC the E3 concept GTR footage was GT4 assets (models) on a PS3 engine, so they were shaded better but not modelled or textured better. There were also two car images that were labelled something like target quality for GT5 released but I can't find them.

Titanio said:
Since this is a quasi-"when will we see ps3 games" thread, this little nugget is very interesting:
So I was just reading a thread about this exact news at PS3forums.com and heres what a (*supposed*) member of SCEA said:
Well I guess its alright for me to say that, The Eye of Judgment, is going to be a really fun game. If you ask me, yes this is the game that we are working on. It has some strange corks, and some of the animation that I have worked on are pretty impressive. I won't get to deep into right now, but I think that we might have something to show of it at Playstation Conference.
Well since the date has not yet been told to the general public, I'll just say its between the 12th - 18th Around then.

I for one don't personally know if the guy is a developer or not, I don't visit the site that often to know him from his posts, but hes been registered for ages and has well over a thousand posts, so heres hoping.

Nicked said:
So I was just reading a thread about this exact news at PS3forums.com and heres what a (*supposed*) member of SCEA said:

I for one don't personally know if the guy is a developer or not, I don't visit the site that often to know him from his posts, but hes been registered for ages and has well over a thousand posts, so heres hoping.

You mean "PS Gamer" ? Dont trust him, he's a fraud. I remember reading that forum around E3 and he "confirmed" that Killzone was real time, well we know how that turned out. ;)

Shifty Geezer said:
IIRC the E3 concept GTR footage was GT4 assets (models) on a PS3 engine, so they were shaded better but not modelled or textured better. There were also two car images that were labelled something like target quality for GT5 released but I can't find them.
The latest GT PS3 trailer (shown first time at TGS, and I believe thesame one wwas shown at CES) did feature cars that looked miles better than anything yet seen on videogames.
But those cars were seen on a "Carage" or "showroom" sequences. The trailer transitioned from this showroom sequence to game replay, but it was difficult to say if the car on track really was the same model as the car in showroom, it could've been just clever editing (likely was).
But the showroom cars did look pretty amazing with lighting and reflections that were simply unbelievable.

rabidrabbit said:
The latest GT PS3 trailer (shown first time at TGS, and I believe thesame one wwas shown at CES) did feature cars that looked miles better than anything yet seen on videogames.
But those cars were seen on a "Carage" or "showroom" sequences. The trailer transitioned from this showroom sequence to game replay, but it was difficult to say if the car on track really was the same model as the car in showroom, it could've been just clever editing (likely was).
But the showroom cars did look pretty amazing with lighting and reflections that were simply unbelievable.

:???: Un linkito por favor?

london-boy said:
:???: Un linkito por favor?
You think I got the links ready for every game trailer there is, I do not keep bookmarks on them.
Just searchi witha Googlio you "asino pigro" ;)

Oh wow, nice reflections. Still the "racing" part of the video was pretty much GT4 quality with HDR, from the video... Which says a lot about GT4 really...

The tiled textures in far shots make it look decidedly this gen, just replacing most of the environment textures with higher resolution, maybe procedural and/or displacement mapping and other texture effects would already make it look well next gen.

Back