JP PS3 titles listing

McFly said:
Lets hope PS3 games don't use region codes, because with GT5 as a Japanese launch game, I wouldn't be able to resist importing the console.

Fredi

If they follow the PSP's format, you should be safe.

If they follow the BluRay region coding format, you should be safe.

...hey, safe is good!

typoEDR said:
If they follow the BluRay region coding format, you should be safe.

...hey, safe is good!

He's from Europe and as far as I know Japan is now in the same Region as the US.

EDIT: For Blu-Ray that is

Last edited by a moderator:
hupfinsgack said:
He's from Europe and as far as I know Japan is now in the same Region as the US.

EDIT: For Blu-Ray that is

I don't even know how I missed that.

You are not safe. Abort mission.

I'm safe, I'm always safe.

borntosoul said:
i think we might have some more exotics in this version (GT5) - like ferraris and lambos.
im not sure about that though.

Sadly thats not likely since it all depends on the Italians if they ever want to have their cars in the game. They request a premium for their license compared to any other manufacturer featured in the game. And Sony isnt going to change their policy against that any time soon.

liverkick said:
Sadly thats not likely since it all depends on the Italians if they ever want to have their cars in the game. They request a premium for their license compared to any other manufacturer featured in the game. And Sony isnt going to change their policy against that any time soon.

Forza and PGR don't seem to have a problem...

scooby_dooby said:
Forza and PGR don't seem to have a problem... having MS shell out the extra cash

Fixed. ;)

That and SCE is dealing with a considerable amount of other manufacturers in comparison.

liverkick said:
Err, this is a SCEJ list isnt it? What are the SCEE titles you're referring to?
Sorry I ment SCE.
What I wanted to say is that I expected to see a big list of third party developers as well

liverkick said:
Err, this is a SCEJ list isnt it? What are the SCEE titles you're referring to?
Sorry I ment SCE.
What I wanted to say is that I expected to see a big list of third party developers as well

Thanks for the link Bad_Boy :)

Bad_Boy said:

I think this is more of a case of video game "journalism" jumping the gun as usual. It was an announcement on SCEJ's working titles with dates tbd, thats all. Nothing specific on launch AFAIK.

Although this makes me wonder if GT "4.5" might be a reality! The Vision trailers Polyphony demoed were basically an "experiment" (Yamauchi's words) of taking the GT 4 assets and code and improving it with HDR rendering, AA/AF, 20+ cars on track, 720p resolution etc. I wonder if they're actually planning to release a kind of "quickie" upgrade for launch in between development for the eventual GT5. GT: Prologue sold ridiculously well at a lower price so the precedence is certainly there for a teaser like this being successful. If it included online play Id be sold.

And come to think of it, didnt they have something similar planned for the PS2 launch? GT 2000 was basically going to be a polished up port of GT2 but eventually they canceled and moved everything onto GT3.

Anyway this is probably nothing, but I thought Id throw it out there anyway. ;)

Bad_Boy said:
Where does the gt 4.5 rumor come from? I remember seeing a GT movie (that might be pre rendered) that was using car models that couldnt have been assets of GT4.

edit:
ah yes...
http://69.26.178.132/~lemon/gt5.wmv

Yeah I mentioned this in my other post in this thread. ;) The first two cars in this trailer were quoted by Yamauchi as being the first "GT5 spec" car models. But the rest of the trailer is basically GT4 assets tarted up with HDR, high res, AA etc. The rumor of a GT 4.5 stopgap like this isnt substantiated on anything but my own silly prognostications.

one said:
They are now pulled from the list probably as the result of sudden GI.biz and other news outlet coverage ;)
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/list_pre.html
lol, I wonder if someone jumped the gun and this means we should be getting info soon? :)
I can only hope.

But honestly, Its not like we really learned anything new about these titles they previously announced in September, so It must be a bigger reason they took it off.

ahh...the speculation :p

Back