JP PS3 titles listing

I am really curious to see what Hot Shots Golf looks like. It's a cartoony series, and fun to boot. I hope they go all out on that one, to be honest. And it's gotta be a no-brainer to make it playable online. PEACE.

centerofadmiration said:
Yeah its quickly becoming apparent that Sony has the best in-house talent of any hardware producer out there. With teams such as the Gran Turismo team, Team Ico, Naughty Dog, Incognito and Insomniac the Sony first parties alone could sell tens of millions of systems with their inside software.
Very true, dont forget about the God of war team. ;) It definately seems like Sony development teams know the techniques to get the most of their own hardware compared to other developers working on the ps2, I really cannot wait to see what their teams accomplish next time around.

centerofadmiration said:
Is there a website of any kind of Monster Carnival and Angel Rings yet?
I havent seen anything yet.

MechanizedDeath said:
I am really curious to see what Hot Shots Golf looks like. It's a cartoony series, and fun to boot. I hope they go all out on that one, to be honest. And it's gotta be a no-brainer to make it playable online. PEACE.

HSG4 was online and terrific fun. Had a rather small community but very friendly and pretty hardcore skill wise. I couldnt believe what some of the people I played against could do with that game.

And yeah Im pretty curious how that super-deformed style is going to translate next-gen. As goofy as the characters are its actually pretty polished looking on the PS2, they managed some nice water and bloom effects, very sharp looking greens and rough, nicely modeled trees animating in the wind etc.

Playstation 1:

Hot Shots Golf 1
hot65bw.jpg

Hot Shots Golf 2
hotshots2183yj.jpg

Playstation 2:

Hot Shots Golf 3
hotshots3jpg8sy.jpg

Hot Shots Golf 4
hotshots42mm.jpg

*of course, images are just pick and choose, but just to get the general idea. Pretty big jump between the two consoles.

I'm betting with the same wacky character designs, just more details and alot smoother character models (cg like?), better animations (not saying the ones before were bad, but better; cloth for example), better environments (speed tree?), HDR/motion blur and other good effects. More custom clothing, more courses, everything more and more than previous titles. And of course online, with plenty of modes to go with. This is all pretty much expected so nothing really life changing. The gameplay should still be addictive as hell if they keep it the same.

...ok lemme stfu, way too much thought on this title. lol I wonder if Angel Rings has in store.

Nesh said:
I expected a bigger lists.These are awefully few.Especially when considering that two of these are SCEE.Bleh.
Not anything remarkable for me.Atleast for now
Actually, this list of games has been known.
Posted Sep 16, 2005 1:39 pm PT
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/16/news_6133515.html

Sony Computer Entertainment
Angel Rings (tentative name), RPG
Gran Turismo series, TBA
Genji 2 (tentative name), action
The Eye of Judgment (tentative name), TBA
Minna no Golf 5 (tentative name), sports
Monster Carnival (tentative name), action RPG
I just figured it was important because Sony finally put it up on their website.

liverkick said:
Err, this is a SCEJ list isnt it? What are the SCEE titles you're referring to?

Yeah, alot of these are from Sony of Japan (SCEJ as you stated). These are probably titles for a JAPAN PS3 launch. Which in a way, lends credence to PS3 launching in Japan first and other territories after.

BlueTsunami said:
These are probably titles for a JAPAN PS3 launch.

Lets hope PS3 games don't use region codes, because with GT5 as a Japanese launch game, I wouldn't be able to resist importing the console.

Fredi

They're probably not launch titles, certainly not all of them would be. A couple of them might, but this is simply the list of titles they're happy to confirm at the moment.

Yeah, most likely not, especially with two RPG's and GT, games that normaly need a lot of dev time.

Fredi

They could already have a lot of car models ready in high polycount from GT4 development if they'd used high poly models and downscaled them for PS2 GT4, and use the "original" high detail models for PS3 GT.
Just upping the polygon and texture detail and output resolution and putting an online option for PS3 GT would make it just GT4.5 IMO.
I do hope they take their time and really make some bigger improvements the series for PS3, like dynamic city tracks with dynamic day/night and weather cycles, or better still free roaming city driving a'la Midtown Madness (what happened to that series? MS... take a hint please ;) ), in car dashboard views, or at least the car interions explorable in "showrooms" (I don't care if they are polygon modelled or some "Quicktime VR" type prerendered stuff).
Still, even if it were "just" GT4.5 I'd probably buy it if it looked good ;)

I don't want GT 4.5 ... yeah, I would buy it, no question, but I would definitely prefer a real GT5, with online races, car damage together with better physics, at least ten new tracks, new cars, much better AI ... a real next gen GT.

Fredi

Well, for a launch game I would be satisfied with GT4.5, that would be better than ten Evergraces, Eternal Rings, Azuriks or five Need for Speeds :)
Hell, they could launch with only GT4.5 this spring and they'd probably get off with that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
Well, for a launch game I would be satisfied with GT4.5, that would be better than ten Evergraces, Eternal Rings, Azuriks or five Need for Speeds :)
Hell, they could launch with only GT4.5 this spring and they'd probably get off with that :D
Heh, i'll buy a PS3 and The Fifth Element Bluray anyway :LOL:

rabidrabbit said:

If they replace that Spiderman font with the GT font, sure. :p

Fredi

rabidrabbit said:
They could already have a lot of car models ready in high polycount from GT4 development if they'd used high poly models and downscaled them for PS2 GT4, and use the "original" high detail models for PS3 GT.
Just upping the polygon and texture detail and output resolution and putting an online option for PS3 GT would make it just GT4.5 IMO.
I do hope they take their time and really make some bigger improvements the series for PS3, like dynamic city tracks with dynamic day/night and weather cycles, or better still free roaming city driving a'la Midtown Madness (what happened to that series? MS... take a hint please ;) ), in car dashboard views, or at least the car interions explorable in "showrooms" (I don't care if they are polygon modelled or some "Quicktime VR" type prerendered stuff).
Still, even if it were "just" GT4.5 I'd probably buy it if it looked good ;)

Yamauchi was quoted as saying the RX7 and Lancer Evo shown in the beginning of the latest version of their "Vision" trailer demoed at TGS were in fact the very first "PS3 spec" models for GT5. Most people seemed to think they were CG targets but we'll have to see. Either way that makes me think they're probably rebuilding all the models from the ground up. Im definitely not expecting a GT4 museum sized roster if they're going to be that high quality, it'll probably be more like GT3 with the main essentials.

I kinda doubt they have anything like free-roaming cities planned (as cool as that sounds). But there was a glimpse of a cockpit driving view in the Vision trailer so that seems to be in the works at least.

Judging from the comments Yamauchi has made so far I think the main evolution in GT5 (besides graphics) will be a mostly brand new physics engine (advanced collisions, further improved driving model, wind & weather simulation etc.). If anyone is going to figure out what Cell can really do its going to be these guys, thats for sure. Other than that I think things like online play, more cars on track, 60fps and of course amazing visuals are expected to come with the territory.

Heck, just knowing Polyphony has a modern day, fully featured, ass whipping GPU at their disposal is enough to make me all warm and fuzzy for GT5. ;)

Back