Blur Studios video on the E3 killzone video....

Status
Not open for further replies.
london-boy said:
Uhm yeah, from the days of the first Xbox. But if thinking they didn't makes you feel better, by all means ignore my post.

What CGI footage did M$ ever claim was gameplay footage ( Xbox 1 or Xbox 360 )?

Are you sure it was "the days of the first Xbox"? Are you sure it wasn't , "nothing" = /

Then why does PGR3 look that much worse now that you can actually go and check it yourself on your HD display, than it did in the impressive building face screenshots that were claimed to be "what you'll see in the game" at Bizarre's website?
They lied.

rabidrabbit said:
Then why does PGR3 look that much worse now that you can actually go and check it yourself on your HD display, than it did in the impressive building face screenshots that were claimed to be "what you'll see in the game" at Bizarre's website?
They lied.

1. I have no idea what you're talking about.

2. ||| <--- These are the straws that you are grasping at.

http://www.bizarreonline.net/img/screenshots/pgr3/nyshot.jpg
Unfortunately the text from the diary from where it was claimed to be "exactly what you'll see on gameplay" I was not able to find anymore on Bizarre's site.
Now, while I haven't played the game but for a few minutes, so I really am not 100% sure if in some later tracks the IQ magically takes a huge step upwards as if they were using a totally different engine, but imo that picture is not representative of the graphics quality you get while racing or in replays for that matter either).
Maybe in the photo mode... I never tried it so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, but to me the link to the image works... the text was there as I'm sure anybody who followed the PGR3 proceedings pre-launch clearly remembers, it might still be but it must be hard to find and I really won't botheras I've gone enough offtopicing already to alert mod's attention ;)
Edit: Oh, here it is, looked from the wrong place initially
http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=31
//www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=32

Last edited by a moderator:
pipo said:
Have you actually seen the game in HD?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

http://xbox360.qj.net/comparison1_0112.jpg

http://xbox360.qj.net/comparison2_0112.jpg

http://xbox360.qj.net/comparison3_0112.jpg

http://xbox360.qj.net/comparison4_0112.jpg

Edit - Woops. Sorry for the OT!

On a HD the game suffers from terrible aliasing, due to the fact that it's rendered at a lower res than 720p without any AA then scaled up. No denying that. Those pictures have lots of AA thrown in for free to make them look nice and smooth.

BenQ said:
The link you your picture doesn't even work and now you can't find what you claimed they said LOL. Ya got NUTHIN LOL

Copy and paste the link on your browser. Same for pipo's screenshots, they only work like that.

london-boy said:
Copy and paste the link on your browser. Same for pipo's screenshots, they only work like that.

You should get a real browser then... ;)

Works lovely on FF.

BenQ said:
What CGI footage did M$ ever claim was gameplay footage ( Xbox 1 or Xbox 360 )?

Are you sure it was "the days of the first Xbox"? Are you sure it wasn't , "nothing" = /

If I were to use the exact same logic you're using to take a piss at Sony, I could very well point out that Microsoft hasn't exactly made it clear either that some of the footage wasn't gameplay either. That doesn't necessarely make it a lie, but it wouldn't be any less misguiding than what Sony did with the KillZone trailer.

Besides, as far as I remember, the KillZone trailer in addition to the others that were shown at the E3 event were clearly labeled as what there is to expect from PS3.

london-boy said:
On a HD the game suffers from terrible aliasing, due to the fact that it's rendered at a lower res than 720p without any AA then scaled up. No denying that. Those pictures have lots of AA thrown in for free to make them look nice and smooth.

It is slightly lower than 720p and they did this to fit in 2X's AA. But it's not like they lied about anything or tried to covver anything up.

PGR 3 is one of the most visually astounding games presently in existance, I don't even feel the need to defend it's graphics - The End.

pipo said:
You should get a real browser then... ;)

Works lovely on FF.

Heh i wish i could install it at work, unfortunately i only have it on my PC at home, not here in the office... Damn administrator password crap :LOL:

Phil said:
If I were to use the exact same logic you're using to take a piss at Sony, I could very well point out that Microsoft hasn't exactly made it clear either that some of the footage wasn't gameplay either. That doesn't necessarely make it a lie, but it wouldn't be any less misguiding than what Sony did with the KillZone trailer.

Besides, as far as I remember, the KillZone trailer in addition to the others that were shown at the E3 event were clearly labeled as what there is to expect from PS3.

Ah huh. I keep hearing the same things, but noone seems to be naming any games, or pointing out where M$ did any lying whatsoever. Do you actually have something of substance to say?

And as for your last comment, it's not even worth responding to, it's been established that they LIED by claiming 100% Pure CGI was Gameplay - Fact.

rabidrabbit said:
Funny, but to me the link to the image works... the text was there as I'm sure anybody who followed the PGR3 proceedings pre-launch clearly remembers, it might still be but it must be hard to find and I really won't botheras I've gone enough offtopicing already to alert mod's attention ;)
Edit: Oh, here it is, looked from the wrong place initially
http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=31
//www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=32

And you see a lie somewhere???

BenQ said:
It is slightly lower than 720p and they did this to fit in 2X's AA. But it's not like they lied about anything or tried to covver anything up.

Slight? 720p is 50% more resolution that PGR3's.

It places MS's claim that all games would be "high def" as a minimum in a somewhat misleading light. Suddenly it wasn't about rendering at 720p, but outputting at 720p regardless of the native resolution.

But we've raked over this a million times already..

BenQ said:

PGR 3 is one of the most visually astounding games presently in existance, I don't even feel the need to defend it's graphics - The End.

And this is exactly why there isn't that much fuzz about it. I also saw some pics and a vid which all looked better than the final product but that didn't stop this game from looking absolutely great.

BenQ said:
nd as for your last comment, it's not even worth responding to, it's been established that they LIED by claiming 100% Pure CGI was Gameplay - Fact.

Where and who claimed it was gameplay? No one at the E3 press conference went into specific details about those trailers - only after the demo, when various people were asked directly did they say something and even then, the question was dodged most of the time. I'd like to see a direct quote if you have one.

Titanio said:
Slight? 720p is 50% more resolution that PGR3's.

It places MS's claim that all games would be "high def" as a minimum in a somewhat misleading light. Suddenly it wasn't about rendering at 720p, but outputting at 720p regardless of the native resolution.

But we've raked over this a million times already..

50% lower than 720p means it's running at HALF the resolution of 720p. I know your not seriously claiming that, so what are you claiming?

You are right that M$ claimed 720p as a standard and except for that one game they have kept their promise, and this was simply due to not designing the game properly for the 360's architecture. They didn't design the game to use tile based rendering, so they reduce the resolution to the exact ammount needed to fit in 2XAA onto the framebuffer with no tiling.

I seem to remember Sony claiming that 1080p would be a Ps3 standard ( and yes, I can link you to many sources that all state the same thing ).

Do you know how many PS3 games are currently being deved at 1080p? Zero. Heavenly sword used to be 1080p, not anymore. But you already know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back