Blur Studios video on the E3 killzone video....

Status
Not open for further replies.
blakjedi said:
Way way back when mcmas presented the first vids of CoD2 on x360 many people then believed that KZ as it stands was possible this generation. What they didnt believe was that video shown on that date, was actual footage from the PS3. G4TV however ran many many segments one of which covered e3, where someone stated that KZ2 footage was "all realtime."

And just so noone tries to imply that black jedi is making anything up or exagerating the past, I brought some proof.

There were many times were people from both Guerilla and Sony LIED THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

But here's the BIG ONE. Here is the interview where Sony Computer Entertainment America's CEO Jack Tretton clearly states "It's Gameplay". [ regarding the Killzone 2 CGI footage ]

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

While M$ was shocasing REAL GAMES last e3 ( and all it got them was "teh Xbox 1.5" comments, because thier REAL and EARLY games couldn't compete with CGI ), Sony was busy LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

It's undeniable at this point, the evidence is everywhere. Sony intentionally lied to the world painting a picture that the PS3 was "way WAY more powerful" that the 360, when infact it's not. And they did it all so shamelessly. Did they really think the truth would never come out? Or did they ust not care because they realized all along that even when the truth did come out, only a tiny fraction of people will ever actually check?

(About the Killzone trailer) The link is up one post.

INT: "Is there some stuff in there that's just smoke and mirrors?"

JT: "It's definitely real. I guess we're pretty good at keeping secrets because the dev kits were out there. The dev kits were very intuitive so people did some incredible things, and that's one thing Ken wanted to make sure everyone understood. That is real gameplay everybody's seeing out there. And I think another advantage is..." (gets cut off by the interviewer)

I: "So that's real gameplay? All of that stuff is playable?"

JT: "It is gameplay"

l.i.a.r.

seismologist said:
Well it is real gameplay. Just not running on the PS3 :D

=/ No .... Not real gameplay.

Or maybe I'm just missing something here, but when did CGI firms start making gameplay LOL

BenQ said:
I agree with you that there's plenty of Blame for Sony, but i don't see why you would even begin to try to let Guerilla off the hook. THEY were the ones who hired the CG Firm. THEY were the ones who either lied or refrained from speaking the truth regarding the Killzone 2 trailer.

And they ( guerilla ) ARE tallentless hacks. This isn't a personal attack, I'm talking about there ability to make GAMES.

They have made 2 games ( Nam 67, and Killzone ), and both of them scored HORRIBLY. More than just scored horribly, they are horrible games. Guerilla fell flat on their face regarding every promise they made for Killzone. I'm talking graphics, AI, framerate, gameplay, the whole shabang.

They haven't even made a "good' game yet.

Yet the hype around them and their games continues, and it continues due to intentional deception of the masses. Their conduct has been nothing short of shameful.

You tell me to "say hello to the real world" yet how many developers conduct themselves in this manner? How many developers were portraying CGI as one of their games? Not exactly fair to the other developers out there who were showcasing THEIR work, who were showcasing REAL games.

ugh, you know...
I dont want to rant-i'll leave this conversation as it stands.

BenQ said:
And just so noone tries to imply that black jedi is making anything up or exagerating the past, I brought some proof.

There were many times were people from both Guerilla and Sony LIED THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

But here's the BIG ONE. Here is the interview where Sony Computer Entertainment America's CEO Jack Tretton clearly states "It's Gameplay". [ regarding the Killzone 2 CGI footage ]

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

While M$ was shocasing REAL GAMES last e3 ( and all it got them was "teh Xbox 1.5" comments, because thier REAL and EARLY games couldn't compete with CGI ), Sony was busy LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

It's undeniable at this point, the evidence is everywhere. Sony intentionally lied to the world painting a picture that the PS3 was "way WAY more powerful" that the 360, when infact it's not. And they did it all so shamelessly. Did they really think the truth would never come out? Or did they ust not care because they realized all along that even when the truth did come out, only a tiny fraction of people will ever actually check?

And what are you trying to prove? That MS is the honest happy johnny american pro and Sony is the evil lying skud missle? You sound like a preacher who actually believes that these companies have a soul. Dammit...i've been hearing this alot, and for a while i just smiled and nodded...but no more:
quit bitching, because thats it exactly what this is.
It's a pointless "Company A is nicer than Company B because Company B doesn't know whats 'morally right and wrong'" debacle that leads nowhere
I've got news for you-what is morally right and wrong doesn't really factor in with big business, im ashamed to say. MS showing such early footage was a bad move, in my opinion-it didn't help how the public viewed the 360 (in fact, it probably hurt it, if anything) and they got floored by Sony. Was a clean victory on Sony's part? Hell no, but do they care? Hell no! And should you? Personally, i dont think so. It's business, thats how things work. I mean, is MS' anti-competitive philosophy considered "right"? Is it okay for MS to favor sitting on a company than competing with them? Is this crazed monopoly MS has under it's thumb best for the consumer? (okay, im ranting)

I think its time for some people to understand this and quit saying "oh, i dont like them cuz they were mean to me (in this case, they lied to me)"-i get that alot with some people, and do my best to tolerate it. I just dont like it when words like "shame" and "despicable" are in the same sentence with "company"

lol, i feel like an idiot now, seeing as that i just dropped a previous debate with you, only to start another one.
I think that this is kinda becoming a "your bias is showing" thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
BenQ said:
I agree with you that there's plenty of Blame for Sony, but i don't see why you would even begin to try to let Guerilla off the hook. THEY were the ones who hired the CG Firm. THEY were the ones who either lied or refrained from speaking the truth regarding the Killzone 2 trailer.

And they ( guerilla ) ARE tallentless hacks. This isn't a personal attack, I'm talking about there ability to make GAMES.
Ah, the backlash begins... Guerilla did get a lot of mileage using someone else's work. Killzone2 went from nowhere to highly anticipated, and all Guerilla had to do was let someone else work and just kept their mouth shut. Not a bad deal.

Balance

BenQ said:

My friend there is no reason to be angry. These are companies that have only goal of having good business success. But still I cannot understand why you feel any company has "lied". I feel they have tried to "mislead" but this is what advertising/marketing is. It is to create fantasy to make consumer feel desire for a product. Did you feel Microsoft lied when they said Xbox can have 125M polygons with 2 textures and shader effects or when they said Xbox can do 80Gflops? What is truth and false is always in "eye of the beholder" no?

ihamoitc2005 said:
My friend there is no reason to be angry. These are companies that have only goal of having good business success. But still I cannot understand why you feel any company has "lied". I feel they have tried to "mislead" but this is what advertising/marketing is. It is to create fantasy to make consumer feel desire for a product. Did you feel Microsoft lied when they said Xbox can have 125M polygons with 2 textures and shader effects or when they said Xbox can do 80Gflops? What is truth and false is always in "eye of the beholder" no?

Jack Trenton - "It's all real gameplay."

I would call that lying.

Avon_Implosion said:
I would call this missing the point.

"What is truth and false is always in "eye of the beholder" no?"

This is completely false.

Reality is there, it cannot be shaped by perception.

Deepblue said:

I would call that lying.

I agree. If they would have just kept their mouthes shut and kept people guessing, that would have been "missleading."

But as soon as he stated ( or should I say "they", as it was stated several times by several different people ) that CGI was gameplay - That's lying.

Lies

Deepblue said:

I would call that lying.

Maybe he was talking of I8 maybe of KZ2, it is hard to say, and maybe he is just "clueless" business executive who doesnt know, it is hard to say but it is amazing how much offense some have taken for one statement which may or may not be actual lies, and may or may not be about one small video clip, and maybe just stupidness or misunderstanding no?

Much bigger issues for me is "misleads" bycompanies abut specifications when making advertisements for products they are selling, not some single confusing comment about a small video about a product that will not be available for very long time.

Perception

Deepblue said:
"What is truth and false is always in "eye of the beholder" no?"

This is completely false.

Reality is there, it cannot be shaped by perception.

So do you say Microsoft "lies through their teeth" about Xbox and Xbox360 specifications?

ihamoitc2005 said:
So do you say Microsoft "lies through their teeth" about Xbox and Xbox360 specifications?

TRENTON was lying about Killzone 2, no dout and no way around it. He's an asshat.

Avon_Implosion said:
Trenton? :/...

Yeah, JAck TRENTON of Sony, who said that Killzone 2 fottage at last years E3 was all GAMEPLAY footage and not CGI? look up a few posts to see what i was responding too.

conan60 said:
Yeah, JAck TRENTON of Sony, who said that Killzone 2 fottage at last years E3 was all GAMEPLAY footage and not CGI? look up a few posts to see what i was responding too.

oh yea, i know him...didn't know his name, though.

If they ever achieved that target, then people will start saying it wasn't that great to begin with and that it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back