Blur Studios video on the E3 killzone video....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tim Miller thinks that his studio will be out of work in 2 years? :)
Although as far as I've heard they already have their hands full, creating more cinematics for the upcoming E3... publishers seem to think that they still need CGI...

Kb-Smoker said:
well this show was film in 2005. So by 2007 we should see some games that look like that. :D

Yep and I'm dancing and singing too. Good to hear that even a CGI guy thinks that Killzone is possible on the PS3. Even better that he thinks so by 2007.

Happy for everybody.:D

Laa-Yosh said:
So Tim Miller thinks that his studio will be out of work in 2 years? :)
Although as far as I've heard they already have their hands full, creating more cinematics for the upcoming E3... publishers seem to think that they still need CGI...

Hehe, well looking at some of blur's work, or the best in CG, the Killzone trailer IMO isn't up to quite the same quality. You can tell they made it with some constraints (or if you want, perhaps "rendered to spec", to some degree at least).

Could be wrong, but I've heard blur also do in-engine/in-game cinematic work.

Titanio said:
Hehe, well looking at some of blurs work, or the best in CG, the Killzone trailer IMO isn't up to quite the same quality. You can tell they made it with some constraints (or if you want, perhaps "rendered to spec", to some degree at least).

And to add Guerrilla has already stated that their real game is looking comparable what we seen in the video and that they are very excited.

And to add another person (Tommy T.) has stated that he has seen PS3 games that look comparable to the Killzone video and even then he is more excited about another game that he can't talk about that's not Killzone or MGS4.

Does it look even better than both of them I don't know.

If you watch the whole interview, he pretty much says what I was talking about earlier. Regarding the KZ vid, he says that from a gamer perspective it's like "holy crap, this looks so good", but from a cg/filmmaker perspective, he's like "i can do better than this", and it lacks certain things, and he can see shortcomings. And you can see that yourself, looking at some of the other work they did - the killzone trailer isn't exactly the highest quality CG in comparison. He admits that games are catching up faster to the kind of work he does, but that they'll always be moving ahead too.

Titanio said:
If you watch the whole interview, he pretty much says what I was talking about earlier. Regarding the KZ vid, he says that from a gamer perspective it's like "holy crap, this looks so good", but from a cg/filmmaker perspective, he's like "i can do better than this", and it lacks certain things, and he can see shortcomings. And you can see that yourself, looking at some of the other work they did - the killzone trailer isn't exactly the highest quality CG in comparison. He admits that games are catching up faster to the kind of work he does, but that they'll always be moving ahead too.

And that Titanio is what I call the truth. I wonder how long it will take for people to mix and change up what he said in the video clip? 1 day, 2 days? And for what the Xbox 360 will get things comparable to the Killzone E3 video anyways?

mckmas8808 said:
And that Titanio is what I call the truth. I wonder how long it will take for people to mix and change up what he said in the video clip? 1 day, 2 days? And for what the Xbox 360 will get things comparable to the Killzone E3 video anyways?
it's already happening....:LOL:

. said:
CORRECTION:<br />
The technology to allow the assets of the Killzone video to be possible "in-game" is not available today, but as he said, its not too far away and will probably be available as little as 2 years from now. The PS3 is a closed system and will not update its specs to accomodate tech available 2 years from now.

http://files.filefront.com/GameHeadKillzonebykbsmokerwmv/;4619101;;/fileinfo.html

I can't believe some of you guys.

I can remember not too long ago when the debate around Killzone 2 was still raging. "Was all that just CGI?" "Yes it was!" "No It wasn't!" I was tooth and nail defending that it WAS ingame, no CGI whatsoever. I look like an idiot now.

In the end it turned out bit by bit that yes, it was completely CGI.

The problem was all the lying.

If they would have just come out and said from the begining "Yes, this is all just CGI, but we feel that this may be possible ingame in the future." then things would have been different. There certianly wouln't have been all those "Killzone 2 Ingame or CGI?" debates.

And it wasn't just unfair to gamers either, it was unfair to other developers aswell.

How would you feel if you were a developer?

You're at E3, and you're showing off you're game..... you're ACTUAL game. It's still early, it's got some bugs and framerate issues, but it's playable and REAL. You did all this yourself, this is your baby.

Then Guerialla studios comes along and steals everyones thunder, and was it even THEIR work? NO! They just had some CGI firm whip it up, but they sat back with their lies and took all the credit.

Only months and months later does the truth begin to unfold piece by piece.

It may be possible to see Killzone 2 level graphics ( and it's not just the graphics either, it was the gameplay and AI that was amazing too ) from the PS3, but it certianly won't be from Guerilla. These guys are a bunch of talentless hacks.

So is this what were going to start seeing at E3 now? Why BOTHER showing off an ACTUAL game when you can just steal the show by using CGI. "Its what were trying to achieve" bla bla bla. E3 is about showing off what as developers you HAVE achieved.

And if your name is guerilla, you've not going to achieve very much - except HYPE - lots and lots of Unworthy hype. [/RANT]

mckmas8808 said:

WHat the hell? This entire thread is a complete twisting of what he guy said.

I watched this last night! I can't believe I come here and it's being mis-interpreted like this...

What the guy said was #1, he was approached to do the KZ CG so he know it was complaetely fake to begin with. that's the point to take from this interview.

How can you latch onto some 2-3 year comment, and twist that around as some proof the Killzone will actually look that good?

Did all you guys miss the part of the interview where he laughs out loud at the fact that KZ will NOT look as good as the CG? Where he states the only reason they chose to use CG was the fact that the real game would not look as good? Does that just totally miss your eardrums?

He says achievable in 2-3 year, in otherwords, achievable: maybe, achievable in killzone 2: no.

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
WHat the hell? This entire thread is a complete twisting of what he guy said.

I watched this last night! I can't believe I come here and it's being mis-interpreted like this...

What the guy said was #1, he was approached to do the KZ CG so he know it was complaetely fake to begin with. that's the point to take from this interview.

How can you latch onto some 2-3 year comment, and twist that around as some proof the Killzone will actually look that good?

Did all you guys miss the part of the interview where he laughs out loud at the fact that KZ will NOT look as good as the CG? Where he states the only reason they chose to use CG was the fact that the real game would not look as good? Does that just totally miss your eardrums?

He says achievable in 2-3 year, in otherwords, achievable: maybe, achievable in killzone 2: no.
did watch the whole interview? What they shown last night was just a little bit of it. :?:

also i sure don't see anyone in this thread saying killzone will look that good.

f***ing christ, people, chill out...Scooby, there's no need to unsheath your sword; and Ben-note that i wouldn't be speaking my mind in such a manner if i weren't so damn offended-i dont "appreciate" the fact that you put the blame solely on Guerilla, and i sure as hell dont "appreciate" the fact that you consider them talentless hacks-thats the most polite way i could put it. I would blame what could be the heart of the issue, which, in my opinion, is Sony. I, for one, shouldn't really call it an "issue" anymore, because i gave up with the E3 "ingame/realtime/CGI" dilemma barely a day or two afterwards.

Anyhow, the reason why i point a finger at Sony would have to be due to the fact that alot of the vids that related to the PS3 looked "questionable"..ie, the Motorstorm vid, just to give you an example. Given Sony's close relation with GG, i personally believe that they put pressure on GG to keep their mouths shut and just let the hype and fame do the talking..which, in case you haven't noticed, worked like a charm. To this day, i find people who still believe the KZ and Motorstorm footage to be ingame, and even those that know the truth still have unfaltering, unquestionalbe faith in GG and the new KZ...including me. I have alot of respect for GG, mainly due to their humble attitude and the time they put into speaking to their fans-see the PS forum if you dont believe me.

One more thing: You say the problem was all the lying? Sell that rock and say hello to the real world, my friend.
Furthermore, i want people to know that i dont have anything AGAINST Sony...they're a company, and a giant one at that...i cant really judge them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kb-Smoker said:
did watch the whole interview? What they shown last night was just a little bit of it. :?:

also i sure don't see anyone in this thread saying killzone will look that good.

Way way back when mcmas presented the first vids of CoD2 on x360 many people then believed that KZ as it stands was possible this generation. What they didnt believe was that video shown on that date, was actual footage from the PS3. G4TV however ran many many segments one of which covered e3, where someone stated that KZ2 footage was "all realtime."

Avon_Implosion said:
f***ing christ, people, chill out...Scooby, there's no need to unsheath your sword; and Ben-note that i wouldn't be speaking my mind in such a manner if i weren't so damn offended-i dont "appreciate" the fact that you put the blame solely on Guerilla, and i sure as hell dont "appreciate" the fact that you consider them talentless hacks-thats the most polite way i could put it. I would blame what could be the heart of the issue, which, in my opinion, is Sony. I, for one, shouldn't really call it an "issue" anymore, because i gave up with the E3 "ingame/realtime/CGI" dilemma barely a day or two afterwards.

Anyhow, the reason why i point a finger at Sony would have to be due to the fact that alot of the vids that related to the PS3 looked "questionable"..ie, the Motorstorm vid, just to give you an example. Given Sony's close relation with GG, i personally believe that they put pressure on GG to keep their mouths shut and just let the hype and fame do the talking..which, in case you haven't noticed, worked like a charm. To this day, i find people who still believe the KZ and Motorstorm footage to be ingame, and even those that know the truth still have unfaltering, unquestionalbe faith in GG and the new KZ...including me. I have alot of respect for GG, mainly due to their humble attitude and the time they put into speaking to their fans-see the PS forum if you dont believe me.

One more thing: You say the problem was all the lying? Sell that rock and say hello to the real world, my friend.
Furthermore, i want people to know that i dont have anything AGAINST Sony...they're a company, and a giant one at that...i cant really judge them.

I agree with you that there's plenty of Blame for Sony, but i don't see why you would even begin to try to let Guerilla off the hook. THEY were the ones who hired the CG Firm. THEY were the ones who either lied or refrained from speaking the truth regarding the Killzone 2 trailer.

And they ( guerilla ) ARE tallentless hacks. This isn't a personal attack, I'm talking about there ability to make GAMES.

They have made 2 games ( Nam 67, and Killzone ), and both of them scored HORRIBLY. More than just scored horribly, they are horrible games. Guerilla fell flat on their face regarding every promise they made for Killzone. I'm talking graphics, AI, framerate, gameplay, the whole shabang.

They haven't even made a "good' game yet.

Yet the hype around them and their games continues, and it continues due to intentional deception of the masses. Their conduct has been nothing short of shameful.

You tell me to "say hello to the real world" yet how many developers conduct themselves in this manner? How many developers were portraying CGI as one of their games? Not exactly fair to the other developers out there who were showcasing THEIR work, who were showcasing REAL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back