Chinese discovered America before Columbus?

Bogus. Even chinese scholars don't find any evidence for it. It's a nice story with nothing substantial to back it up.

Well, there is some DNA evidence Chinese ships from that time wrecked off the coast of Australia the West coast of the U.S. etc. Stones that the Chinese put in places they went to as well as maps.

I actually heard that Africans found the American land before Columbus too. But they didn't settle, so they are never brought up.

mckmas8808 said:
I actually heard that Africans found the American land before Columbus too. But they didn't settle, so they are never brought up.

I just read something today that claimed that the Olmec head was actually made in the image of Africans.

Actually Columbus didn't discovered America, he only reached Carribians. Am I right? And wasn't America discovered by some guys with name "Amerigo" something.

Deepak said:
Actually Columbus didn't discovered America, he only reached Carribians. Am I right? And wasn't America discovered by some guys with name "Amerigo" something.

No, Americo Vespucio (that´s in spanish, don´t know his name in english) made the very first complete map of the american continent, and that´s how the continent got his name. Columbus made several trips back to the American continent, in a couple of those touching future mexican territory.

Almasy said:
No, Americo Vespucio (that´s in spanish, don´t know his name in english) made the very first complete map of the american continent, and that´s how the continent got his name. Columbus made several trips back to the American continent, in a couple of those touching future mexican territory.
According to the stories, Amerigo Vespucci was the first to realize that they discovered a new continent (others thought they were to India).

Back