New ProjectOffSet video: Crowd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
seismologist said:
these guys have good artists.

But no game designer so far, at least as I know... it's another very pretty demo indeed, but who knows how much else is there?

scificube said:
Do they have a publisher yet?

That's what I'd like to know. I don't see how anyone can ignore them after their remarkable demos, but it would be a shame if it is all for nothing. I'm really looking forward to that Fantasy game of theirs.

Ragemare said:
Possibly too much motion blure, but I'm still impressed... everything about Project Offset seems impressive.

I agree, I am more than impressed with what they are capable of, but that in that demo the motion blur was a bit to overdone...

here is a recent interview with the developers http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2007&Itemid=2
Do you feel three is the perfect, right number of people you need to develop the Offset Engine? Or will you be needing more people on staff in the near future?

It would be great if we could do everything with just the three of us, but unfortunately this just isn't possible. We've come a really long way, but if we really want to achieve the standard of quality we've set for ourselves, we need a larger team. We have a great group of guys from all over the game industry who have committed to working on Project Offset as soon as we get funding, so the future is exciting.

Have publishers expressed more interest in your engine than in the game you hope to make, since intellectual properties for games tend to be tougher sells, compared to technology?

We've found different publishers to have different interests in what we're bringing to the table. Some publishers are clearly only interested in the tech, and we've had offers for us to join with an existing dev team to use our tech in their next title, stuff like that. But that's not what we're looking for.

We're happy to say, though, that some major publishers have shown a great deal of interest in the game itself, and they're excited to see this project come to fruition.

So, realistically, what kind of system (video card and processor) are we talking about here, which will be needed to optimally run the Offset Engine?

We're currently running the engine on GeForce 7-level hardware. This will be an average-to-low-end system by the time we release the game, so most people will be able to run it without a problem.

Cool!

I am very impressed, that video demonstrated that the developers are obviously very talented and know what their doing.

What impressed me most, besides the procedurally generated characters, was the arrow that froze the little goblins and turned them into ice cubes. I especially liked it when they broke into tiny little pieces after the main character shot them again. What I would have like to have seen what some soft of environment around the characters, instead of just pitch black darkness in front of the character.

Holt

The thing I want to know is why is this in the Console Games Forum?

This is just a PC tech demo from a very small team, as far as I can tell.

Vysez said:
The thing I want to know is why is this in the Console Games Forum?

This is just a PC tech demo from a very small team, as far as I can tell.
They mentioned that this game or engine might hit next gen console. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back