http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62456&page=1

Low res screens

sspreviewbumblebeedropb0sg.jpg

sspreviewplatapusdrop2aw.jpg

sspreviewstroggattack8uw.jpg

sspreviewstroggsearch3up.jpg

barnak said:
awww shit just remebered this is a pc game :(
I'm crossing my fingers for a console version, this looks like exactly the type of game I'd love to see on Xbox Live.

This is the best looking game I ever saw and it seems really pretty, I would love a console version of this too.

pc999 said:
This is the best looking game I ever saw and it seems really pretty, I would love a console version of this too.

I'm sitting here with the latest version of OXM, and they state in the rumor section:

The team-based next-gen multiplayer PC shooter Quake Wars seems like a natural fit for the Xbox 360. The Mole thinks the odds of you one day playing it on Xbox Live are pretty strong, especially considering that it shares the same engine technology (including a unique terrain-generation system) as the 360-bound Return of Castle Wolfenstein 2 and would thus be easy to move over to our white boxes....

I agree this looks GREAT. I also remember reading that the base platform for Return of Castle Wolfenstein 2 was the 360. So this should give us a glimpse into how sweet that will look like :p

Different platforms, art styles, settings, gameplay... is there any reasonable way to compare them?

My friend richard is the art director and co-founder of Splash, I went to college with him ! Anyway, I was chatting with him online yesturday and he told me that : They have only begun investigating the idea of working with the 360, but two factors hold them back at the mo... 1) Their whole team is full time on getting this project done. 2) Their tech is focused on Open GL, and RnD for crossing over to DX, would have to wait untill later this year....

However, Once this game goes huge, there is going to be some serious money to throw at those issues, and you can expect rapid progress being made towards the direction of console dev in towards the end of the year.

Bottom line is: there not even really thinking too much about it at the mo, they are flat out on this 110%....

Back