What's with me leg?

Razor1 said:
Yeah I thought you might have :), if it was a shooting pain like that, I don't think you would be walking hehe
well uh thanks for your internet diagnosis.
so.. how do you know about leg injuries?

radeonic2 said:
well uh thanks for your internet diagnosis.
so.. how do you know about leg injuries?

Np at all my dad is a doctor and he specialized in rehabilitation, so kind runs in the blood ;). Also went to med school for a few years before I switched back to computers.

Sometimes when you land really hard on your tailbone it hurts a lot and you get the feeling that you got (like you have to drop a d). I've had it happen plenty of times.

Last January I got a new board and was feeling pretty confident with it. I went off a big kicker and stuck the landing so I went off of the one right after it with too much speed. I was cocky and went for an Indy but i started to lean back to do the grab too early and started to corkscrew in mid air. I was over 15 feet up, moving really fast, and just leaning to to a "backflop". I thought I was dead in mid air and when I landed flat on my back I bounced and it hurt like hell. I got that feeling in my ass-bone and my goggles came flying off. I dislocated both of my shoulders and I would probably be dead if I wasn't wearing my helmet. I thought I was paralyzed at first but eventually I shimmied my way out of the jump landing and just sat there for like an hour before I got up. Really scary stuff.

I ended up dislocating both of my shoulders again at the gym in June and I dislocated my right one playing soccer in November. I still haven't be able to go snowboarding this season and my season pass is getting rusty. I'm planning on going again next weekend.

If your leg still hurts you should probably get it checked out by a Dr.

rashly said:
Sometimes when you land really hard on your tailbone it hurts a lot and you get the feeling that you got (like you have to drop a d). I've had it happen plenty of times.

I thought I was paralyzed at first but eventually I shimmied my way out of the jump landing and just sat there for like an hour before I got up. Really scary stuff.

I ended up dislocating both of my shoulders again at the gym in June and I dislocated my right one playing soccer in November. I still haven't be able to go snowboarding this season and my season pass is getting rusty. I'm planning on going again next weekend.

If your leg still hurts you should probably get it checked out by a Dr.
When I was learning to skateboard I tried going off 5 steps before I knew what I was doing and the board shot out from unde me and I hit right on my tail bone. It was funny b/c I had a similar experience, I thought I was paralyzed, I could not breathe, and I could not move any of my extremities, and I felt like my heart stopped, but I think it was just the fact that I could not breathe. And I almost passed out before I could breathe, I was seeing black spots and crap Anyway it took over a month for it to go back to normal. ... Anyway it is best not to do stuff like that. Where do you board btw? Are you at some ice hell hole? If you are where there is soft snow then 15 feet isn't anything. At targhee people go off a 50 foot drop to a flat landing after it snows b/c it is so soft you can just do a back flop, unless you land in someone elses hole then you get life flighted out...so I suppose it is a bad idea as well.

london-boy said:
It got so British that the rest of your body is rejecting it?!

Haha!! Any bottom that takes a time out for bangers and mash on the ski slope surely has the Union Jack all over it. Off with his leg and god save the Queen!

PS. Radeonic2, pardon the jokes. I still wish for your speedy recovery. :smile:

Sxotty said:
When I was learning to skateboard I tried going off 5 steps before I knew what I was doing and the board shot out from unde me and I hit right on my tail bone. It was funny b/c I had a similar experience, I thought I was paralyzed, I could not breathe, and I could not move any of my extremities, and I felt like my heart stopped, but I think it was just the fact that I could not breathe. And I almost passed out before I could breathe, I was seeing black spots and crap Anyway it took over a month for it to go back to normal. ... Anyway it is best not to do stuff like that. Where do you board btw? Are you at some ice hell hole? If you are where there is soft snow then 15 feet isn't anything. At targhee people go off a 50 foot drop to a flat landing after it snows b/c it is so soft you can just do a back flop, unless you land in someone elses hole then you get life flighted out...so I suppose it is a bad idea as well.
Mountain Creek, NJ. It's very icy, but depends on when you go. Right now it's ice with slush on top of it. Condiditons suck. There are no "holes" because there is no fresh pow. You land in very hard, packed snow that people have landed on thousands of times before you.

It's got one of the best parks on the East Coast, but it's still an east coast mountain. An east coast mountain that's pretty far south.

Back