New Gears of War Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer if they released the game rather than screens. This thing was supposed to be out already wasn't it? I haven't even been able to find a release date for it. :(

That first screen made me say "wow". Very nice...

@ Guden Yeah it was supposed to be released in the Spring, but I think it got pushed back to counter the PS3 in the fall.

Guden Oden said:
I'd prefer if they released the game rather than screens. This thing was supposed to be out already wasn't it? I haven't even been able to find a release date for it. :(

spring 06 is all i have ever heard....so they have till june 21st(like sony):LOL:

From the latest Peter Moore interview, he refers to it as being something to come after summer.

Some of these seem to be showing off the first areas shown on UE3 fullstop! Nice to see them again.

I absolutely am not feeling this game mostly because of the repetitive environments. Why does everything have to be in the dark? I know that the Locus Horde operate under the cover of darkness, but can't Epic just introduce another antagonist that operates during the day so that we can see some lush environments.

I don't want to play a game where you play in the same whack-ass dark environment the whole time. Screw Gears of War. It may look pretty, but who cares. The whole damn game looks gimmicky, like a playable tech demo.

Alpha_Spartan said:
I absolutely am not feeling this game mostly because of the repetitive environments. Why does everything have to be in the dark? I know that the Locus Horde operate under the cover of darkness, but can't Epic just introduce another antagonist that operates during the day so that we can see some lush environments.

I don't want to play a game where you play in the same whack-ass dark environment the whole time. Screw Gears of War. It may look pretty, but who cares. The whole damn game looks gimmicky, like a playable tech demo.

click past the 3rd screen ;)

Alpha on GA the complaint, is that its to bright! Hey opinions hey. As for the enviroments lets be honest we have seen only a tiny part of the game. A game I might add is 6 months from release. Technically however it looks quite stunning to me, as for the game itself well Its a wait and see exercise.

the screenshot are beautifull BUT lake some anti aliasing, hope devs will put edram to good use...

Alpha_Spartan said:

Talk about negative, but imo that added nothing to this thread. You obviously don't know anything about this game, so why bother making a post like that until you do? I get the impression you haven't looked at any of the screen shots posted at the start of this thread or videos posted previously. anyone following this game knows there's both daytime and night in the game. The environments look spectacular, and I don't get where you think it's repetitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the latest Peter Moore interview, he refers to it as being something to come after summer.

where did you read this?

Anyway that monster with all the legs looks pretty funny imo.

Qroach said:
where did you read this?

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200601/N06.0106.1235.53927.htm

GI: So you’re kind of leaning on your third parties until fall?

Moore: We’re not leaning. You say what bullets do I have in my chamber for first party? And when do I fire them? And you’re not putting out a first party title every month. So you strategically align on a quarterly basis where you think you need to be on a particular title. We’ve got a great line up of third party titles over the next few months, and I’m very happy with that. And then summer comes and things get a little quiet, July, August. And we’ll then start thinking about Gears of War and Crackdown. And then of course you’ve got Mass Effect. You’ve got Too Human. And these are titles we started thinking about 18 months ago of where they all fit.

In regards to "things getting a little quiet" in the Summer, he says just before this question, for example, that you don't release something in July when the World Cup is on etc. It sounds like summer is quiet, and that's fine with him. In that context, it sounded to me like they'll be coming after summer (and GI seemed to take the same interpretation, asking if they were holding out on bigger first party titles till the fall).

Titanio said:
Some of these seem to be showing off the first areas shown on UE3 fullstop! Nice to see them again.

Yep you are correct! It appears all the assets from that UE3 that wowed everyone are from this game.

For comparisions:

Here's the original demo:

http://www.actiontrip.com/features/pics/unreal3engineexposed23.jpg

And here's the Xbox 360 version:

http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00217169.jpg

Again here's the original UE3 demo:

http://www.actiontrip.com/features/pics/unreal3engineexposed12.jpg

And here's the Xbox 360 version:

http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00217173.jpg

Appears to be pretty accurate so far, if not improved in some cases.

Where is the free anti alisaing? Textures quality lack consistency. UE3 have not aged well in my honest opinion. Next gen need more than 5000 tris per mesh.

out in force today it seems. i think MS should put up a small playable demo providing the framerate is consistent on xbox live. That would do wonders for showing people what it can actually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back